public inbox for gcc-rust@gcc.gnu.org
From: Philip Herron <philip.herron@embecosm.com>
To: gcc-rust@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Bad testcase
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 11:39:57 +0100	[thread overview]

For reference we found that the testsuite does timeout the test-case
and produces;

```
Running target unix
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file
for target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for target.
Using /home/runner/work/gccrs/gccrs/gcc/testsuite/config/default.exp
as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Running /home/runner/work/gccrs/gccrs/gcc/testsuite/rust/compile/compile.exp ...
max length for a Tcl unicode value (2147483637 chars) exceeded
/bin/bash: line 21: 92574 Aborted (core dumped) `if [ -f
${srcdir}/../dejagnu/runtest ] ; then echo
${srcdir}/../dejagnu/runtest ; else echo runtest; fi` --tool rust
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/runner/work/gccrs/gccrs/gccrs-build/gcc'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/runner/work/gccrs/gccrs/gccrs-build/gcc'
```

It's a pity make check-rust does fail properly here but hopefully,
someone knows of a nice way to handle this.

Thanks

--Phil