public inbox for gcc-rust@gcc.gnu.org
* Bad testcase
@ 2022-04-11 10:35 Philip Herron
From: Philip Herron @ 2022-04-11 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-rust

Hi everyone,

We merged a new builtin macro recently and during the code review we
missed a case where the code produces an infinite loop and so we
raised: https://github.com/Rust-GCC/gccrs/issues/1102

The GitHub CI did not seem to catch this issue, I am assuming dejagnu
timeout the test case and our CI doesn't pick this up as a failure and
so I have pushed a patch directly to master to disable the offending
test case. I am raising this here just for transparency for why I
pushed to master and I hope the build farm is ok it might be worth
cancelling any existing builds and letting them pick up the next
merge's to master. For reference I pushed this patch to silence the
issue: 68458036c81d141a3899ac4e6ec6ddf0fdfde174

Hope everyone is having a great start of the week.

--Phil

* Re: Bad testcase
@ 2022-04-11 10:39 ` Philip Herron
From: Philip Herron @ 2022-04-11 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-rust

For reference we found that the testsuite does timeout the test-case
and produces;

```
Running target unix
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/baseboards/unix.exp as board description file
for target.
Using /usr/share/dejagnu/config/unix.exp as generic interface file for target.
Using /home/runner/work/gccrs/gccrs/gcc/testsuite/config/default.exp
as tool-and-target-specific interface file.
Running /home/runner/work/gccrs/gccrs/gcc/testsuite/rust/compile/compile.exp ...
max length for a Tcl unicode value (2147483637 chars) exceeded
/bin/bash: line 21: 92574 Aborted (core dumped) `if [ -f
${srcdir}/../dejagnu/runtest ] ; then echo
${srcdir}/../dejagnu/runtest ; else echo runtest; fi` --tool rust
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/runner/work/gccrs/gccrs/gccrs-build/gcc'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/runner/work/gccrs/gccrs/gccrs-build/gcc'
```

It's a pity make check-rust does fail properly here but hopefully,
someone knows of a nice way to handle this.

Thanks

--Phil