* EGCS optimalisation for K6 processor?
@ 1997-11-11  3:40 Roland Nagtegaal
From: Roland Nagtegaal @ 1997-11-11  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

     Hello all,

     I am just a lurker on this list but I wanted to ask just this:

     Is someone working on optimalisations for the K6 ? The fpu in peculiar
     could benefit from K6-specific optimizations. The K6 should be able to
     do one or even two FPU instructions each clockcycle, with a lapse of 3
     cycles. The PPro takes 3 cycles for each instruction. The reason that
     the FPU of the K6 appears slower than PPro is because most code now is
     pentium optimised which is very bad for the K6. Maybe someone should
     look into it and get the x86 optimisation document from AMD's website.

     Roland Nagtegaal
     Rnagtegaal@symantec.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-11-11  3:40 UTC | newest]