* GCC Help
@ 1998-12-15 10:18 Eric Methot
From: Eric Methot @ 1998-12-15 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hello everyone,

Being a beginer at building front ends, I could use a little help
or a push in the right direction.

I am trying to do the following source to source transformation
inside the C compiler ( as a new front-end of course )

fun( a, g(2), p )

becomes:

struct { void* arg0, int arg1, int arg2, int *result } __desc = { myWrapper,
a, g(2), p };

I have tried to replace the action for building function calls
in the "primary : primari '(' exprlist ')' rule but ran in to many problems.

Am I on the right track?
Perhaps someone has already done this?

Also how can I create a global declaration while parsing a function
i.e. the declaration of my wrapper functions.  It seems that the nodes
get destroyed as soon as the parsing of the function is done.

By the way, when this compiler is done it will be realeased as a new
front-end
to gcc ( GPL ) along with the accompanying library ( GPL ).

Thanks,  Eric ;-)

* Re: gcc help
@ 2010-05-18 18:18 ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2010-05-18 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: packet; +Cc: gcc

On 05/18/2010 01:11 PM, packet wrote:
> How do i build gcc for linux?

Oh the irony of the subject.

This is better asked on the gcc-help mailing list.

    Support Available             (256) 722-9985

* gcc help
@ 2010-05-18 18:11 packet
From: packet @ 2010-05-18 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

How do i build gcc for linux?

* Re: gcc help
@ 2005-11-30 23:04 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2005-11-30 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pati; +Cc: gcc

On Nov 30, 2005, at 2:40 PM, pati (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
> I am trying to compile my code using gcc 3.3.2 provided with AMD
> Au1550 development CD.

Wrong forum for this question.

>         $(LD) -$(ENDIAN) -T test.ld -G 0 $(OBJS) -o $(NAME).elf

Don't use ld to link, use gcc to link.

* gcc help
@ 2005-11-30 22:40 pati (sent by Nabble.com)
From: pati (sent by Nabble.com) @ 2005-11-30 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi ,

I am new to gcc and shell commands. I am trying to compile my code using gcc 3.3.2 provided with AMD Au1550 development CD. When I compile my code, I get an error message with undefined references to printf and other file i/o functions. I saw a couple of emails in the forum with the same problem.But, I think I have problem with the makefile I am using. I never wrote a make file before and I am using the makefile from the hello World example given with Au1550 CD. It works for that example, but it crashes with my code.
I am attching the makefile with this email..

# Program name
NAME = test

# Endian
ifndef ENDIAN
ENDIAN = EL
endif

# Tool-chain used for compilation of code
# Win32 Cygwin toolchain
TOOLCHAIN = cygwin
# Monta Vista Hard Hat Linux toolchain
#TOOLCHAIN = hhl

ifeq ($(TOOLCHAIN),cygwin)
TOOLSDIR = /usr/local/comp/mips-elf/gcc-3.3.2
AS = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips-elf-as
CC = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips-elf-gcc -fno-builtin
LD = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips-elf-ld
OD = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips-elf-objdump
OC = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips-elf-objcopy

#STRIP = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips-elf-strip
endif

ifeq ($(TOOLCHAIN),hhl)
TOOLSDIR = /opt/hardhat/devkit/mips/fp_le
AS = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips_fp_le-as
CC = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips_fp_le-gcc -fno-pic -mno-abicalls
LD = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips_fp_le-ld
OD = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips_fp_le-objdump
OC = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips_fp_le-objcopy
#STRIP = $(TOOLSDIR)/bin/mips_fp_le-strip
endif

RM = rm -f

#
# GCC options valid for Au1000
#
CFLAGS = -mips32 -G 0 -O2 -$(ENDIAN) -D$(ENDIAN) -Wa,-G0,-non_shared -I.

#
# Default rules for compiling/assembling
#
.c.o:
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $< -o $@

.S.o:
        $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) -D_ASSEMBLER_ $< -o $@

#
# Files to compile
#
OBJS = \
        test.o

#
# Rule for making
#
all: $(OBJS)
        $(LD) -$(ENDIAN) -T test.ld -G 0 $(OBJS) -o $(NAME).elf
        $(OD) -D $(NAME).elf > $(NAME).dis
        $(OC) -O srec $(NAME).elf $(NAME).rec

clean:
        $(RM) *.o
        $(RM) *.dis
        $(RM) *.rec
        $(RM) *.elf
        $(RM) *~

I got the linnker directive from the hello world example.I assume the problem is with the linker and with the test.ld file from the hello world example.

I used SDE toolchain before with the same code ,but a different make file but I never got this problem before.

I really need help on this immediately.

Thanks in advance - Pati

--
Sent from the gcc - General forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/gcc-help-t648991.html#a1725379

* Re: Gcc help
@ 2005-03-29 19:15   ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2005-03-29 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andre, webmasters, overseers, gcc-help, gcc, gcc

Hi Andre,

Prebuilt GCC is available (downloadable) through Apple's Developer Tools.

http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/index.html

HTH,
--Eljay

* Re: Gcc help
@ 2005-03-29 19:02 ` Eljay Love-Jensen
From: Eljay Love-Jensen @ 2005-03-29 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andre, webmasters, overseers, gcc-help, gcc, gcc

Hi Andre,

Prebuilt GCC is available (downloadable) through Apple's Developer Tools.

http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/index.html

HTH,
--Eljay

* Gcc help
@ 2005-03-29 18:10 ` andre
From: andre @ 2005-03-29 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: webmasters, overseers, gcc-help, gcc, gcc

>>>/*please forward to appropriate people, I tried gnu@gnu.org twice and
it doesnt work.*/

I have a G3 Powerbook with OS 10.3, and I tried installing GCC on it.
I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm following instructions as much
as possible.
When trying to configure, I got

line 2332: cc: command not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g  conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable cc to a working compiler.

I read in the archives that I need to install a pre-compiled binary of GCC.
However, I do not know where to find one.  I looked everywhere and the
closest I think I got was openpkg.com but I'm just lost there.
Please please help.
I'm desperate.  I need to be able to program again!
Thanks
Andre

* Gcc help
@ 2005-03-29 17:54 andre
From: andre @ 2005-03-29 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: webmasters, overseers, gcc-help, gcc, gcc

>>>/*please forward to appropriate people, I tried gnu@gnu.org twice and
it doesnt work.*/

I have a G3 Powerbook with OS 10.3, and I tried installing GCC on it.
I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm following instructions as much
as possible.
When trying to configure, I got

line 2332: cc: command not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest -g  conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable cc to a working compiler.

I read in the archives that I need to install a pre-compiled binary of GCC.
However, I do not know where to find one.  I looked everywhere and the
closest I think I got was openpkg.com but I'm just lost there.
Please please help.
I'm desperate.  I need to be able to program again!
Thanks
Andre

* Re: GCC help
@ 2004-09-09 10:40   ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2004-09-09 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sonawane Sachin Vijayku; +Cc: gcc, gcc

Sonawane Sachin Vijayku wrote:
> Hello,
>  I am Sachin, doing M.Tech(CSE) in IIT Bombay.
>  My project deals with the internals of GCC.
>  Could you please tell me about the Research paper on the following topic?
>  Topic is "DFA based instruction Scheduling", which is being implemented
> in GCC.
>  Thanks in advance.

the scheduler is generated by genautomata.c. look there for references.

nathan

* Re: GCC help
@ 2004-09-09 10:37 ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2004-09-09 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sonawane Sachin Vijayku; +Cc: gcc, gcc

@ 2004-09-09 10:25 ` Ranjit Mathew
From: Ranjit Mathew @ 2004-09-09 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sonawane Sachin Vijayku; +Cc: GCC

Sonawane Sachin Vijayku wrote:
> Hello,
>   I am Sachin, doing M.Tech(CSE) in IIT Bombay.
>   My project deals with the internals of GCC.
>   Could you please tell me about the Research paper on the following topic?
>   Topic is "DFA based instruction Scheduling", which is being implemented
> in GCC.

Start with:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/news/dfa.html

(the referred to papers within that)

and the paper in the proceedings of the 2003 GCC Summit:

  http://www.linux.org.uk/~ajh/gcc/gccsummit-2003-proceedings.pdf

and take a dekko at the descriptions themselves.

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/

* GCC help
@ 2004-09-09 10:08 ` Sonawane Sachin Vijayku
From: Sonawane Sachin Vijayku @ 2004-09-09 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc

Hello,
  I am Sachin, doing M.Tech(CSE) in IIT Bombay.
  My project deals with the internals of GCC.
  Could you please tell me about the Research paper on the following topic?
  Topic is "DFA based instruction Scheduling", which is being implemented
in GCC.
  Thanks in advance.
--
Regards.
|Sachin Vijaykumar Sonawane|Hostel-12, R.No.-A107,     |sachinvs@cse      |

* GCC help
@ 2004-09-09  9:53 Sonawane Sachin Vijayku
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Sonawane Sachin Vijayku @ 2004-09-09  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc

@ 2004-01-22 22:06 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2004-01-22 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew; +Cc: gcc

Andrew wrote:
> I need to add a special code to your GCC program. This code gatheres information about all variables (their names, ranges and name spaces which they belong to) and opetators (which use those variables), and insert all this information to a database.
> Could you please point me the best place it can be done.

There is no easy answer to this question.  There is no easy place to get
all of the info you want.  The info is in different places in different
front ends and in different gcc versions.  You will have to spend quite
a bit of time looking at gcc sources in order to be successful at
modifying it.

Getting variable declarations isn't too hard.  They all have to do into
the symbol table anyways, so the symbol represents a single place you
can look for the info.  See for instance pushdecl in the C front end.
Pretty much every variable declaration goes through this.  See also
pushlevel and poplevel.  These maintain the BLOCK trees that hold the
scoping info for variables.

The other of this, keeping track of operators, is much harder.  I don't
think there is any single place you can hook in with current gcc for
this info.  Maybe on the tree-ssa branch it is better.

* gcc help
@ 2004-01-22  8:22 Andrew
From: Andrew @ 2004-01-22  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi!
I need to add a special code to your GCC program. This code gatheres information about all variables (their names, ranges and name spaces which they belong to) and opetators (which use those variables), and insert all this information to a database.
Could you please point me the best place it can be done.

* Re: GCC  help
@ 2003-12-04 20:10 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2003-12-04 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George Ciobanu; +Cc: gcc

George Ciobanu wrote:
> I want to study the GCC internals (i'm a gcc internals beginner - so please
> be pacient with me, as i know this question is not new nor very
> challenging ). Is there any docs avalaible on how the GNU compiler works as
> a whole ? (Besides the docs already listed on the site)

There are extensive docs in the gcc/doc directory.  These docs aren't
very readable, but they have a lot of useful info in them.  These docs
are also available on the web site.

> P.S. Where is type tree defined ?

In coretypes.h in current sources, tree.h in older sources.  You will
have to look at tree.h in either case.

* GCC  help
@ 2003-12-03 17:48 George Ciobanu
From: George Ciobanu @ 2003-12-03 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I want to study the GCC internals (i'm a gcc internals beginner - so please
be pacient with me, as i know this question is not new nor very
challenging ). Is there any docs avalaible on how the GNU compiler works as
a whole ? (Besides the docs already listed on the site)

P.S. Where is type tree defined ?

George

* gcc help
@ 2002-10-25 16:21 MICHAEL GOODWIN
From: MICHAEL GOODWIN @ 2002-10-25 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

i was wandering im trying to compile a program and it
keeps telling me i need gcc g==3.0 or higher, well i
have it supposidly installed . I am running mandrake
8.2 on a pentium system. i would like to know how to
erase the gcc i have now and download gcc 3.2 install
configure and compile it so i can use it for my
program . I would prefer a straight code to copy from
if possible i am not the savy with lenux but i can
follow directions if i havem thanks mike

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

* Re: GCC help
@ 2002-02-19  8:12 ` Philipp Thomas
From: Philipp Thomas @ 2002-02-19  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aditya nishandar; +Cc: gcc

* aditya nishandar (aditya_nishandar@yahoo.com) [20020219 16:19]:

>    I am currently working on incorporating SPLIT-C (language for parallel
> computing) features in the GCC, so in this regard i need your help (
> especially in the code generation phase) other than that available in
> gcc.ps .

If you tell us which specific problems you have, it's possible that someone
will indeed answer you.

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
SuSE Linux AG, Deutscherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nuremberg, Germany

* GCC help
@ 2002-02-19  5:32 aditya nishandar
From: aditya nishandar @ 2002-02-19  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

   I am currently working on incorporating SPLIT-C
(language for parallel computing) features in the GCC
, so in this regard i need your help ( especially in
the code generation phase) other than that available
in gcc.ps .

Aditya Nishandar

http://sports.yahoo.com

* RE: gcc help
       [not found] <616BE6A276E3714788D2AC35C40CD18D29DB3D@whale.softwire.co.uk>
@ 2001-12-18 23:44 ` Rupert Wood
From: Rupert Wood @ 2001-12-18 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'ashish  kamble', interfacing; +Cc: gcc

Ashish Kamble wrote:

> GCC has get lots of new functions, to be used while code
> development, where can i find the complete list of the same,
> (especially for c/c++).
> I'm tired of ANSI style please help me at the earliest.

I'm not sure what you mean here. 'ANSI style'? GCC does (AFAIK) support
K&R syntax C but I can't imagine you mean that - do you?

The suite of available functions depends more upon your system libraries
and headers. Yes, GCC does provide a number of '__builtin' functions but
these are mostly versions of common C library functions or low-level
stack frame operations. Details in the GCC manual, e.g.:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/

> Expecting a reply at " interfacing@indiatimes.com "

Hope this helps,
Rup.

* gcc help
@ 2001-12-18 12:16 ashish  kamble
From: ashish  kamble @ 2001-12-18 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

 To whom ever it may concern

@ 2001-10-15  4:49 ` Erik Mouw
From: Erik Mouw @ 2001-10-15  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pradeep kumar mishra; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 10:44:12AM +0530, pradeep kumar mishra wrote:
> I am gcc user. Now i required some help of u. Please help me.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wrong list, this list is about the development *of* GCC, not
development *with* GCC.

> Now i am developing  some embedded  software in PowerPc single board
> computer  in general PC ( whose confugation  is P-III processor). So I
> write the entire program in RTLinux  but i do not know how It will
> compile this code in PC & create power pc Image. Please send solution .

Try the linuxppc-embedded mailing list
(linuxppc-embedded@lists.linuxppc.org), but please *read* the Linux PPC
web pages before you do (see http://www.linuxppc.org/ ).

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl

* GCC help
@ 2001-10-14 22:12 pradeep kumar mishra
From: pradeep kumar mishra @ 2001-10-14 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello Gcc team
I am gcc user. Now i required some help of u. Please help me.
Now i am developing  some embedded  software in PowerPc single board
computer  in general PC ( whose confugation  is P-III processor). So I
write the entire program in RTLinux  but i do not know how It will
compile this code in PC & create power pc Image. Please send solution .
If my question is wrong please send detail  about this.I hope you will
send reply ASAP
Regds
Pradeep

* Re: Gcc Help
@ 2000-07-21 14:49 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-07-21 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Koaps; +Cc: gcc

On Jul 21, 2000, "Koaps" <koaps@2nutz.com> wrote:

> mkstemps.c:72: storage size of `tv' isn't known

I seem to recall this problem in cases the resource-related headers of
the kernel are incompatible with those of glibc.

* RE: Gcc Help
@ 2000-07-21 14:42 Anjul Srivastava
From: Anjul Srivastava @ 2000-07-21 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Koaps'; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Hi, I
have, in the past month, installed gcc 2.95.2 on two RedHat 6.2 Linux systems
(i686) with no trouble whatsoever, so I would advise you to double check your
procedures.

  -----Original Message----- From: Koaps
  [mailto:koaps@2nutz.com] Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 4:47
  PM To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org Subject: Fw: Gcc
  Help

  I'm getting this error when I try to make
  gcc

  mkstemps.c: In function
  `mkstemps': mkstemps.c:72: storage size of `tv' isn't known make[1]: ***
  [mkstemps.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory
  `/root/gcc-2.95/libiberty' make: *** [all-libiberty] Error 2

  Anybody know what I should do?

  It's on a Redhat 6.2 i386 system

  I have egcs installed, but apache and php are
  bitching about using gcc
  so I need to get this bad boy
  installed

  Thanks

  KoAps

* Gcc Help
@ 2000-07-21 14:35 Koaps
From: Koaps @ 2000-07-21 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I'm getting this error when I try to make
gcc

make[1]: Entering directory
`/root/gcc-2.95/libiberty' test x"no" != xyes || \   egcs -c
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -I. -I./../include   mkstemps.c -o
pic/mkstemps.o egcs -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -I. -I./../include
mkstemps.c mkstemps.c: In function `mkstemps': mkstemps.c:72: storage size
of `tv' isn't known make[1]: *** [mkstemps.o] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving
directory `/root/gcc-2.95/libiberty' make: *** [all-libiberty] Error
2

Anybody know what I should do?

It's on a Redhat 6.2 i386 system

I have egcs installed, but apache and php are
bitching about using gcc
so I need to get this bad boy
installed

Thanks

KoAps

* Re: GCC Help
@ 2000-06-13 14:37 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2000-06-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amir Elaguizy; +Cc: gcc

On Jun 13, 2000, Amir Elaguizy <AmirPC@mediaone.net> wrote:

> Is there an equivelant of the dos C function call "FindFirst" in linux?

This is a mailing list about the development of GCC.  GCC doesn't
contain a C library, and it doesn't target only GNU/Linux.  Therefore,
your question is totally inappropriate for this mailing list.

> I've looked all over & the closest I can find is something called
> FSearch.....

Never heard of it.  Try `man opendir'.

* Re: GCC Help
@ 2000-06-13 14:16 ` Mo McKinlay
From: Mo McKinlay @ 2000-06-13 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amir Elaguizy; +Cc: gcc

# Is there an equivelant of the dos C function call "FindFirst" in linux?
# I've looked all over & the closest I can find is something called
# FSearch.....

Check out 'opendir' and related functions, they should do what you want.

Regards,

--
Mo McKinlay             Chief Software Architect         inter/open Labs
mmckinlay (at) gnu.org                                http://www.gnu.org

* Re: GCC Help
@ 2000-06-13 14:15 ` llewelly
From: llewelly @ 2000-06-13 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amir Elaguizy; +Cc: gcc

This is the wrong list for this kind of question.
This is list is for *development* of gcc.

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Amir Elaguizy wrote:

> Is there an equivelant of the dos C function call "FindFirst" in linux?
> I've looked all over & the closest I can find is something called
> FSearch.....

I do not know what function you need. I suggest you run 'info libc'
  and read until you find something useful.

* GCC Help
@ 2000-06-13 14:09 Amir Elaguizy
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Amir Elaguizy @ 2000-06-13 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)