From: "Jiangning Liu" <jiangning.liu@arm.com>
To: "'Jakub Jelinek'" <jakub@redhat.com>
Cc: "'Joern Rennecke'" <amylaar@spamcop.net>,	<gcc@gcc.gnu.org>,
	<gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org>,	<vmakarov@redhat.com>,
	<dje.gcc@gmail.com>,	"Richard Henderson" <rth@redhat.com>,
	"Ramana Radhakrishnan" <Ramana.Radhakrishnan@arm.com>,
	"'Ramana Radhakrishnan'" <ramana.radhakrishnan@linaro.org>
Subject: RE: [RFC] Add middle end hook for stack red zone size
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

The answer is ARM can. However, if you look into the bugs PR30282 and
PR38644, PR44199, you may find in history, there are several different cases

in different ports reporting the similar failures, covering x86, PowerPC and

ARM. You are right, they were all fixed in back-ends in the past, but we
should
fix the bug in a general way to make GCC infrastructure stronger, rather
than fixing the problem target-by-target and case-by-case! If you further
look into the back-end fixes in x86 and PowerPC, you may find they looks
quite similar in back-ends.

Thanks,
-Jiangning