* Re: libstdc++ v3 & snapshots
@ 2000-11-14 12:14 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2000-11-14 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, scherrey

> From: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey@innoverse.com>
> Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:57:23 -0500
> To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>

> 1. Is libstdc++ now the default in the latest snapshots?

Yes, that seems to be the intent.

> 2. What's the safest way of installing that will allow me to easily
> switch back to my 2.95.2 existing install?

mkdir /tmp/foo && configure --prefix=/tmp/fo && make bootstrap install

* Re: libstdc++ v3 & snapshots
@ 2000-11-14 16:33 ` Benjamin Scherrey
From: Benjamin Scherrey @ 2000-11-14 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stump, gcc

OK - I just tried this on my ix86 RedHat 6.2 setup and it seemed to work but
it turns out that the include files never made it. Is the install broken with
you specify a different prefix?

	thanx & later,

		Ben Scherrey

@ 2000-11-14 16:47   ` Benjamin Scherrey
From: Benjamin Scherrey @ 2000-11-14 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stump, gcc

ACK! Sorry - screwed up. Got it now. thanx.

On Tuesday 14 November 2000 19:30, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
> OK - I just tried this on my ix86 RedHat 6.2 setup and it seemed to work
> but it turns out that the include files never made it. Is the install
> broken with you specify a different prefix?
>
> 	thanx & later,
>
> 		Ben Scherrey
>
> On Tuesday 14 November 2000 15:14, Mike Stump wrote:
> > > 2. What's the safest way of installing that will allow me to easily
> > > switch back to my 2.95.2 existing install?
> >
> > mkdir /tmp/foo && configure --prefix=/tmp/fo && make bootstrap install

* libstdc++ v3 & snapshots
@ 2000-11-14 12:02 Benjamin Scherrey
From: Benjamin Scherrey @ 2000-11-14 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

	After several mixed-success attempts at getting 2.96 snapshots with the
latest libstdc++ lib going I've held off a bit until this integration was
cleaner. My last attempt was a month ago and it looks like a patch has been
posted by Mark that now makes it the default since then. So I ask...

	1. Is libstdc++ now the default in the latest snapshots?
	2. What's the safest way of installing that will allow me to easily switch
back to my 2.95.2 existing install? (I'm evolving existing code to be able to
build under the eventual 3.0 release while still supporting the 2.95.2
release.)
	3. Do I report libstdc++ issues here now or on another list?

	Great work & thanx,

		Ben Scherrey