* apology
@ 2001-12-06 15:14 Jade
From: Jade @ 2001-12-06 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Sorry about the last message... for some reason, I thought that my message
was going to something akin to a sales representative (as with Microsoft),
who would just press delete unless the message was aggravating enough. As
for DJGPP, it now appears I was mistaken, as I had gotten the distribution
from some site that didn't have any documentation, which should also explain
why the installation went bad. I have apologized to DJ Delorie personally;
now that I found the official site, everything is really Ok.

Please keep up the good work, despite the likes of me e-mailing you every
once in a while... :-(

- Janne Kuusela

* Re: Apology
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

    I think that *all* of us need to remember to watch our tempers, and
    try hard, before hitting the send button, to make sure the words we
    have written convey what we mean them to convey.

The other thing we have to remember is that it's always a very risky
proposition to try to read "tone" into email since the cues that we use
to do that in normal communication aren't present and we tend to read tone
from precise word choices.  But quite often the person sending the mail
doesn't have (or isn't spending) the time to *make* those precise choices.

* Re: Apology
@ 1999-12-31 23:54   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: gcc

    Jeffrey> Mark, please accept my apology

Thank you for your very frank note.

I think that *all* of us need to remember to watch our tempers, and
try hard, before hitting the send button, to make sure the words we
have written convey what we mean them to convey.

I think almost everyone on this list has at one point or another felt
short of time, irritated, etc. and that often that comes through in
our notes.  I sometimes notice this when rereading my own replies to
posted C++ patches; I sometimes say "That isn't right" instead of
"Thank you for your patch.  Unfortunately, ..."

Let's all look forward to the new year -- I'm sure that well work
together to make GCC an absolutely top-flight free compiler!

* Apology
@ 1999-12-31 23:54 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

Many of my comments during the discussion of what to do with the new
ABI and libio a couple weeks ago were way out of line.

While I believe strongly in a particular technical viewpoint, I was
arrogant, condescending, insulting and in general a total ass in my
comments on the subject.

I've spent some time trying to figure out what set me off, but I haven't
come to any conclusions as to what caused my behavior to get so far out
of line.

Hopefully I just needed a little break and I can participate in a
constructive manner now and in the future.

Mark, please accept my apology for the unacceptable behavior.  I'll do
what I can to prevent it from happening again.

jeff

* Re: Apology
@ 1999-12-30  2:16 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 1999-12-30  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

@ 1999-12-29 21:43 ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 1999-12-29 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: gcc

@ 1999-12-29 18:14 Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-12-29 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

@ 1997-08-26 18:57 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 1997-08-26 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Due to a mailer glitch, I just got a big batch of mail including several
from Ulrich discussing libg++ snapshots and such.  After all that my
message asking Ulrich for a libg++ snapshot yet again must seem like bizarre
nagging.  I apologize.

Joe