* Gcc 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-22 19:53 Bobby McNulty Junior
From: Bobby McNulty Junior @ 2002-02-22 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Works great!
Working on a Windows XP Home edition now.

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-20  0:48   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2002-02-20  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Perchine, gcc

> Maybe I miss something, but KDE people still claims that artsd is
> miscompiled. Or this is already fixed?

This is not likely to get fixed in any 3.0 release, but we very much
hope that it will be fixed in GCC 3.1.

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-19 22:02   ` Craig Rodrigues
From: Craig Rodrigues @ 2002-02-19 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Denis Perchine; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:45:01AM +0600, Denis Perchine wrote:

> Maybe I miss something, but KDE people still claims that artsd is miscompiled.
> Or this is already fixed?

This has been filed in GNATS as PR 3145:

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?pr=3145&database=gcc&cmd=view

It has been fixed for gcc 3.1, but not in gcc 3.0.4.

There is a patch contributed with the gcc 3.0.x distribution:
gcc/contrib/PR3145.patch.

This patch is not integrated into the gcc 3.0.x distribution,
but can be applied as an optional patch for the end-user.

The patch was not integrated into the 3.0.x releases, because
it was felt that it was too invasive a patch and too risky:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-01/msg01149.html

PR 3145 has been fixed in the gcc 3.1 tree.  gcc 3.1 is
scheduled for release for April 15 (http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html).

--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-19 20:01 ` Denis Perchine
From: Denis Perchine @ 2002-02-19 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell, gcc

Hello,

> At this point, there are no show-stopping problems with GCC 3.0.4.
>
> Therefore, I plan to make the final release sometime tomorrow night.
>
> In you find problems that you think are so critical that we should
> delay the release, please make sure to copy me on the mail personally
> so that I see it as soon as possible.

Maybe I miss something, but KDE people still claims that artsd is miscompiled.
Or this is already fixed?

--
Denis

* GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-19  9:19 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2002-02-19  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

At this point, there are no show-stopping problems with GCC 3.0.4.

Therefore, I plan to make the final release sometime tomorrow night.

In you find problems that you think are so critical that we should
delay the release, please make sure to copy me on the mail personally
so that I see it as soon as possible.

Thank you,

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-05  5:58   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2002-02-05  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlo Wood; +Cc: gcc

--On Monday, February 04, 2002 7:12 PM +0100 Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 10:26:12PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> Below, here are the unresolved issues that have been brought to
>> my attention as important bugs to fix for this release.  If you
>
> Did my patch for libiberty make it to this release?

You can easily check that yourself by looking at the current CVS.

If it didn't go in *and it's a regression*, please mail me a pointer
to the patch and a description of the bug it fixes.  (I'm on the
road, so hyperlinks and GNATS references don't do me a whole lot
of good.)

Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-02-04 17:14 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2002-02-04 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 10:26:12PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com>
>
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-01/msg00194.html
>
>   This is a problem with loop unrolling that comes from
>   expand_end_loop incorrectly rotating the loop.  It affects
>   loop-10.c and is a regression from GCC 2.95.

Done on branch.

r~

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-04 12:34 Bob Wilson
From: Bob Wilson @ 2002-02-04 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> Below, here are the unresolved issues that have been brought to
> my attention as important bugs to fix for this release.  If you
> have additional issues, or additional information about these
> issues, please let me know as soon as possible.
>

> Bob Wilson <bwilson@tensilica.com>
>
> Would like Xtensa port in GCC 3.0.4.

I added the Xtensa code.  This item is done.

--Bob

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2002-02-04 11:01 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2002-02-04 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

> "Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>
>
>   PR5405 -- 3.0.3 "introduced the -mtune brokenness"

I'll get to this in the next few days.  I'm fixing something else in
mainline at the moment.

-eric

--
I will not use abbrev.

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-04 10:32 ` Carlo Wood
From: Carlo Wood @ 2002-02-04 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 10:26:12PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Below, here are the unresolved issues that have been brought to
> my attention as important bugs to fix for this release.  If you

Did my patch for libiberty make it to this release?
I posted it to patches@ a long time ago and never heard
from it again :/.  Later I asked what happened to my
patch and nobody replied.

Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-04  8:05 ` Rainer Orth
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Rainer Orth @ 2002-02-04  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc, kreckel

> "Richard B. Kreckel" <kreckel@ginac.de>
>
>   Rainer Orth's patch on Mon Jul 16 2001 broke CLN on Tru64.
>
>   I requested filing of a PR.

This is PR target/5505 now.  I have not been able to reproduce this yet,
but instead successfully built and tested CLN 1.1.4 from a recent copy of
GCC 3.0.4 20020129.  It may well be that this is an ld bug on the Tru64
UNIX side, in which case we should document requirements for ld/Tru64 UNIX
patches.  Until we can reproduce the problem and make sure the patch really
is the culprit, I suggest we leave the patch in.

	Rainer

* Re: GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-04  1:26 ` Zack Weinberg
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2002-02-04  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 10:26:12PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com>
>
>  3.0.3 mishandles #line in the middle of a function, emitting
>  incorrect debugging output.
>
>  Neil fixed this problem on the mainline.  I asked Zack to apply
>  Neil's patch to the branch, if this is a regression from GCC 2.95.

All the relevant patches for this problem have been applied to the
branch.  Sorry I forgot to notify you.

zw

* GCC 3.0.4
@ 2002-02-03 22:43 Mark Mitchell
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2002-02-03 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Please consider the GCC 3.0 branch slushed at this time.  All
code patches will now require my approval, as we are now preparing
for the 3.0.4 release on February 15th.

Unfortunately, I'll be travelling through the 12th.  I'll be
reading email, but sporadically.  My inability to respond may or may
not require a brief postponement of the GCC 3.0.4 release.

Below, here are the unresolved issues that have been brought to
my attention as important bugs to fix for this release.  If you
have additional issues, or additional information about these
issues, please let me know as soon as possible.

Yours,

"Richard B. Kreckel" <kreckel@ginac.de>

  Rainer Orth's patch on Mon Jul 16 2001 broke CLN on Tru64.

  I requested filing of a PR.

Bob Wilson <bwilson@tensilica.com>

  Would like Xtensa port in GCC 3.0.4.

Don Lindsay <lindsayd@cisco.com>

  PR5198
  PR5143

  There are build failures in cross compilers to AMR and m68k.

"Bradley D. LaRonde" <brad@ltc.com>

  PR5405 -- 3.0.3 "introduced the -mtune brokenness"

Phil Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>

  PR5209 -- Bootstrap problem.  Regression from 3.0.2.