* C++ compiler/library conformance roundup
@ 2000-07-17 14:36 Herb Sutter
From: Herb Sutter @ 2000-07-17 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi all,

I am putting together a C++ compiler/library roundup that will be published
in a prominent C++ magazine. This roundup focuses entirely on standards
conformance. All major and minor compiler/library vendors (with the
possible exception of two I haven't heard from yet) are participating
directly.

I'd like gcc to be included! All I need is a contact person or three
(probably from the gcc steering committee) for email contact before and
during the review process so that you can see, and have a say in, what's
going on. The contact folks will also be invited to write a few paragraphs
that will be printed with the piece -- to comment on particular results, to
let readers know about your upcoming releases and their standards
conformance, the importance of conformance, or anything like that.

I've already involved the user community directly by polling them to
determine the conformance issues that matter to them; here "users" means
everything from working programmers to independent standard library
implementers to consultants and authors. Finally, the top experts in the
C++ community will also monitor the process and write commentary to
accompany the piece; these people include Bjarne Stroustrup, Scott Meyers,
and such folks.

Could a person or three of the steering committee get back to me directly
with their contact information? I'll then distribute more details about the
scope, focus, and format of the review process and of the resulting
articles.

I look forward to gcc's participation! Best regards,

Herb

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-07-17 14:36 UTC | newest]