* Compiling error
@ 2001-12-05  7:22 Lo
From: Lo @ 2001-12-05  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I am sorry if this question seems trival. I have successfully installed GCC and run a compiled program on a Sun System operating on Solaris2.5.

However, after I have reinstalled the GCC (the installation was successful), when I tried to compile the same program, I received the following error:

cpp: -lang-c: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1' : no such file or directory

Can you let me know how the above comes about and how to go about solving it?

Thanks in advance,
WT Lo

cOntact @ Lycos <http://contact.lycosasia.com>
= 20MB for email and filestore + lots of other goodies...

* Compiling error
@ 2003-12-11 19:36 Dara Hazeghi
From: Dara Hazeghi @ 2003-12-11 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jdu46659; +Cc: gcc

This list is about development _of_ gcc, not _with_
gcc. I you redirect your question to a list about
openldap installation/configuration. From the looks of
it, configure is misdetecting your machine as a
Windows machine, and bails out when it can't compile
anything.

Dara

http://photos.yahoo.com/

* Compiling error
@ 2003-12-11 17:55 "De Azcárraga, Joaquín"
From: "De Azcárraga, Joaquín" @ 2003-12-11 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi.

I'm trying to compile openldap on a sparc/Solaris 8 System with gnu's gcc.

First of it I try to configure it:
 CC="gcc" LIBS="/usr/local/lib/" ./configure
--prefix=/export/apache-inst/librerias_ldap

But everytime I do it, I get the following error message:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

If I look at the config.log file, I get:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:878: checking host system type
configure:919: checking target system type
configure:959: checking build system type
configure:1036: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:1093: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:1154: checking for mawk
configure:1154: checking for gawk
configure:1154: checking for nawk
configure:1184: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:1224: checking for working aclocal
configure:1237: checking for working autoconf
configure:1250: checking for working automake
configure:1263: checking for working autoheader
configure:1276: checking for working makeinfo
configure:1296: checking for gnutar
configure:1296: checking for gtar
configure:1296: checking for tar
configure:1366: checking configure arguments
configure:2852: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:3027: checking for ar
configure:3077: checking for Cygwin environment
configure:3093: gcc -c   conftest.c 1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:3089: error: `__CYGWIN32__' undeclared (first use in this
function)
configure:3089: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:3089: error: for each function it appears in.)
configure: failed program was:
#line 3082 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main() {

#ifndef __CYGWIN__
#define __CYGWIN__ __CYGWIN32__
#endif
return __CYGWIN__;
; return 0; }
configure:3109: checking for mingw32 environment
configure:3121: gcc -c   conftest.c 1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:3117: error: `__MINGW32__' undeclared (first use in this function)
configure:3117: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:3117: error: for each function it appears in.)
configure: failed program was:
#line 3114 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main() {
return __MINGW32__;
; return 0; }
configure:3137: checking for EMX OS/2 environment
configure:3149: gcc -c   conftest.c 1>&5
configure: In function `main':
configure:3145: error: `__EMX__' undeclared (first use in this function)
configure:3145: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:3145: error: for each function it appears in.)
configure: failed program was:
#line 3142 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

int main() {
return __EMX__;
; return 0; }
configure:3165: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:3186: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:3270: checking for gcc
configure:3383: checking whether the C compiler (gcc   ) works
configure:3399: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c /usr/local/lib/ 1>&5
ld: fatal: file /usr/local/lib/: unknown file type
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:

#line 3394 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

Can you help me, please?

* Re: Compiling error
@ 2003-01-07 11:51 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-01-07 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Luande; +Cc: gnu, gcc

On Jan  7, 2003, Andrew Luande <luandea@alt.co.ke> wrote:

> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
> cannot create executables
[snip]
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory

So that's why.  You haven't installed an assembler, that GCC needs in
order to produce object files.  Get binutils, or install Sun's native
packages for assembler and linker, depending on which your build of
GCC was configured to use.  If you don't know that, ask whoever built
GCC for you.  For further questions, use the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list.  This list is for discussion on development *of* GCC,
not *with* GCC.  Thanks,

* Compiling error
@ 2003-01-07 10:46 Andrew Luande
From: Andrew Luande @ 2003-01-07 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)