* RTL templates
@ 2003-12-12  8:42 Petar Penchev
From: Petar Penchev @ 2003-12-12  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
Can somebody tell me what is the minal set of RTL templates to be defined in
.md file ?
I tried to compile a program (a program which does nothing), and I have got
:

(insn 18 0 21 (??? bad code 17473
) -1 (nil)
    (nil))

I think I get that because my RTL templates are incopmlete, but I am not so
sure.
Any ideas how to fix that are welcome.

Regards
Petar

* Re: RTL templates
@ 2003-12-16  1:14 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2003-12-16  1:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petar Penchev; +Cc: gcc

Petar Penchev wrote:
> Can somebody tell me what is the minal set of RTL templates to be defined in
> .md file ?

There is a list of standard names in the documentation, in the md.texi
file.  It doesn't say which ones are required.  GCC knows how to
synthesize lots of operations from other operations, and it knows how to
call library routines for unimplemeted arithmetic operations, so I think
the list of required patterns is probably pretty small.  move, compare,
branch, call, and maybe a few of the simpler logical/arithmetic
operations like plus.  Note that because we can synthesize operations,
and there are multiple ways to synthesize operations, there is no fixed
subset that is required, you just need enough basic operations of the
right kinds so that all other operations can be synthesized.

> I think I get that because my RTL templates are incopmlete, but I am not so
> sure.
> Any ideas how to fix that are welcome.

Debug cc1.  Put a breakpoint in make_insn_raw, and figure why you are
getting here with bad rtl.

* RE: RTL templates
@ 2003-12-12  8:53 Rakesh Kumar - Software, Noida
From: Rakesh Kumar - Software, Noida @ 2003-12-12  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petar Penchev, gcc

Would you please give the test case you were compiling for?
The information is incomplete.

You could check for what RTL pass generates. If this is
problem at RTL level, you could hack the tree or see which
particular function generated this insn. These are just suggestions.
You are in a more better position to solve it.

Regards,
Rakesh Kumar