* current version of ELF format
@ 2003-01-06 19:09 Jeremy R Mcjunkin
From: Jeremy R Mcjunkin @ 2003-01-06 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I was curious if anyone knows what version of ELF will be in gcc 3.2?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy McJunkin

Firmware Development Coop
Bldg 030-03  Office C312 IBM
Rochester, MN  55901
Phone (507) 253-6371
Internet:  jrmcjunk@us.ibm.com

* Re: current version of ELF format
@ 2003-01-07  0:48 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2003-01-07  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy R Mcjunkin; +Cc: gcc

On Monday, January 6, 2003, at 10:44 AM, Jeremy R Mcjunkin wrote:
> I was curious if anyone knows what version of ELF will be in gcc 3.2?

gcc doesn't contain ELF, or ELF versions, so the question makes little
sense to me.  The software that plays the most with ELF is binutils,
but that's a different list.  Features of ELF that are relevant to gcc
are exposed to gcc via files like elfos.h, generally speaking gcc knows
just how many features it can play with, and only plays with as many as
the system supports.

If you would like us to try another stab at it, please ask using 150
words or more.  Be specific and include details you think we might not
understand.

Or, if you want an answer anyway, it is 2.13.