* Patch manager dying for a week or two
@ 2007-12-05 21:04 Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2007-12-05 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, GCC Patches

Patch manager will be dying for a week or two while i change hosting.

of course, if nobody is still using it, i can just kill it permanently.

* Re: Patch manager dying for a week or two
@ 2007-12-05 21:32 ` NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2007-12-05 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: gcc, GCC Patches

On 12/5/07, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> wrote:
> Patch manager will be dying for a week or two while i change hosting.
>
> of course, if nobody is still using it, i can just kill it permanently.

What is the patch manager?

* RE: Patch manager dying for a week or two
@ 2007-12-05 22:37 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2007-12-05 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Daniel Berlin', gcc, 'GCC Patches'

On 05 December 2007 21:04, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> Patch manager will be dying for a week or two while i change hosting.
>
> of course, if nobody is still using it, i can just kill it permanently.

  Well I haven't submitted any patches just lately, but I always use it when I
do, I think it's very useful indeed.  Thanks for organising it.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Patch manager dying for a week or two
@ 2007-12-05 22:41   ` Rask Ingemann Lambertsen
From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen @ 2007-12-05 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: Daniel Berlin, gcc, GCC Patches

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 04:32:00PM -0500, NightStrike wrote:
> On 12/5/07, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> wrote:
> > Patch manager will be dying for a week or two while i change hosting.
> >
> > of course, if nobody is still using it, i can just kill it permanently.

   grep -F -e patchapp gcc-bugs@ says it is being used. I use it and would
like to keep doing so. As well as tracking my patches, I find the notice
automatically posted to the bug database a lot more convenient that having
to do so manually.

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GCC_Patch_Tracking

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen

* Re: Patch manager dying for a week or two
@ 2008-02-07  3:47     ` NightStrike
From: NightStrike @ 2008-02-07  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen; +Cc: Daniel Berlin, gcc, GCC Patches

On 12/5/07, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask@sygehus.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 04:32:00PM -0500, NightStrike wrote:
> > On 12/5/07, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> wrote:
> > > Patch manager will be dying for a week or two while i change hosting.
> > >
> > > of course, if nobody is still using it, i can just kill it permanently.
>
>   grep -F -e patchapp gcc-bugs@ says it is being used. I use it and would
> like to keep doing so. As well as tracking my patches, I find the notice
> automatically posted to the bug database a lot more convenient that having
> to do so manually.
>
> > What is the patch manager?
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GCC_Patch_Tracking

This site seems to indicate that the patch manager is still offline.
Is that the case?

* Re: Patch manager dying for a week or two
@ 2008-02-07 16:22       ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2008-02-07 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NightStrike; +Cc: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen, gcc, GCC Patches

On Feb 6, 2008 10:46 PM, NightStrike <nightstrike@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/5/07, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask@sygehus.dk> wrote:

> >   grep -F -e patchapp gcc-bugs@ says it is being used. I use it and would
> > like to keep doing so. As well as tracking my patches, I find the notice
> > automatically posted to the bug database a lot more convenient that having
> > to do so manually.
> >
> > > What is the patch manager?
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GCC_Patch_Tracking
>
> This site seems to indicate that the patch manager is still offline.
> Is that the case?

Yes.
I currently lack the time to bring it back online for a while)
(Though im happy to give the code to anyone who wants to give it a try
on gcc.gnu.org)

* Re: Patch manager dying for a week or two
@ 2008-02-07 20:49         ` Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2008-02-07 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: NightStrike, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen, gcc, GCC Patches

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 11:21 -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Yes.
> I currently lack the time to bring it back online for a while)
> (Though im happy to give the code to anyone who wants to give it a try
> on gcc.gnu.org)

Is there a requirement to run it on gcc.gnu.org machine?

If not I can try to set the thing up on the compile farm:
we have a public fixed IP, it's okay to install a
web server and send outgoing email (and potentially
26 volunteers with an account on it :).

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/CompileFarm

Laurent

* Re: Patch manager dying for a week or two
@ 2008-02-07 21:54           ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2008-02-07 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurent GUERBY; +Cc: NightStrike, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen, gcc, GCC Patches

On Feb 7, 2008 3:48 PM, Laurent GUERBY <laurent@guerby.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 11:21 -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> > Yes.
> > I currently lack the time to bring it back online for a while)
> > (Though im happy to give the code to anyone who wants to give it a try
> > on gcc.gnu.org)
>
> Is there a requirement to run it on gcc.gnu.org machine?
No, but you do need to install ruby on rails (the patchmanager is
written in ruby, and the mailing list scanner that auto adds patches
is written in python)

@ 2007-12-06 10:45 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2007-12-06 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin

Daniel Berlin wrote:
> Patch manager will be dying for a week or two while i change hosting.
> of course, if nobody is still using it, i can just kill it permanently.

At least I use it almost always to make sure patches does not get
forgotten; thus I regularly check http://dberlin.org/patches/patches/list

Additionally, I like that it automatically adds a link to the mailing
list in the PR; that way one can easily check the discussion in the
mailing list. (I also like PRs, they not only help to obtain more
information about a patch [cf. recently ChangeLog discussion], but also
ensure that one does not forget something.)

I think many gfortraners use :ADDPATCH:

Tobias