* How to run LTO tests?
@ 2019-12-19 20:48 Erick Ochoa
From: Erick Ochoa @ 2019-12-19 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Development; +Cc: Christoph Müllner, Dr. Philipp Tomsich

Hi,

I'm looking to create new tests for an LTO pass that I'm working on.
So, I started by trying to run the tests under the folder:
$gcc/gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/lto

Looking at the documentation available here:
https://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html

It says the following

  In order to run sets of tests selectively, there are targets
  [...]  ‘make check-lto’ in the gcc subdirectory of the object directory.

And so, I go to gcc subdirectory of the object directory and
type make check-lto. However, I get this error message:

  make: Nothing to be done for `check-lto'.

I have looked into the Makefile, and there is indeed a check-lto
target but make outputs "Nothing to be done for `check-lto'."

Just to be complete, these are the configure flags I used
when installing gcc:

../configure \
  --disable-bootstrap \
  --disable-libsanitizer \
  --enable-__cxa_atexit \
  --enable-shared \
  --disable-libsanitizer \
  --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran \
  --enable-lto \
  --enable-gold \
  --enable-linker-build-id \
  --with-cpu-emag \
  --prefix="$HOME/code/${installdir}/"

Can anyone tell me how can I run the lto tests?

Thanks!

* Re: How to run LTO tests?
@ 2019-12-19 20:50 ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2019-12-19 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erick Ochoa; +Cc: GCC Development, Christoph Müllner, Dr. Philipp Tomsich

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 12:48 PM Erick Ochoa
<erick.ochoa@theobroma-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to create new tests for an LTO pass that I'm working on.
> So, I started by trying to run the tests under the folder:
> $gcc/gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/lto
>
> Looking at the documentation available here:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html
>
> It says the following
>
>   In order to run sets of tests selectively, there are targets
>   [...]  ‘make check-lto’ in the gcc subdirectory of the object directory.
>
> And so, I go to gcc subdirectory of the object directory and
> type make check-lto. However, I get this error message:
>
>   make: Nothing to be done for `check-lto'.
>
> I have looked into the Makefile, and there is indeed a check-lto
> target but make outputs "Nothing to be done for `check-lto'."
>
> Just to be complete, these are the configure flags I used
> when installing gcc:
>
> ../configure \
>   --disable-bootstrap \
>   --disable-libsanitizer \
>   --enable-__cxa_atexit \
>   --enable-shared \
>   --disable-libsanitizer \
>   --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran \
>   --enable-lto \
>   --enable-gold \
>   --enable-linker-build-id \
>   --with-cpu-emag \
>   --prefix="$HOME/code/${installdir}/"
>
> Can anyone tell me how can I run the lto tests?

Did you try:
make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="lto.exp" ?

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

> Thanks!

* Re: How to run LTO tests?
@ 2019-12-19 20:52   ` Erick Ochoa
From: Erick Ochoa @ 2019-12-19 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Pinski
  Cc: GCC Development, Christoph Müllner, Dr. Philipp Tomsich

On 2019-12-19 3:50 p.m., Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 12:48 PM Erick Ochoa
> <erick.ochoa@theobroma-systems.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking to create new tests for an LTO pass that I'm working on.
>> So, I started by trying to run the tests under the folder:
>> $gcc/gcc/testsuite/gcc.dg/lto
>>
>> Looking at the documentation available here:
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html
>>
>> It says the following
>>
>>   In order to run sets of tests selectively, there are targets
>>   [...]  ‘make check-lto’ in the gcc subdirectory of the object directory.
>>
>> And so, I go to gcc subdirectory of the object directory and
>> type make check-lto. However, I get this error message:
>>
>>   make: Nothing to be done for `check-lto'.
>>
>> I have looked into the Makefile, and there is indeed a check-lto
>> target but make outputs "Nothing to be done for `check-lto'."
>>
>> Just to be complete, these are the configure flags I used
>> when installing gcc:
>>
>> ../configure \
>>   --disable-bootstrap \
>>   --disable-libsanitizer \
>>   --enable-__cxa_atexit \
>>   --enable-shared \
>>   --disable-libsanitizer \
>>   --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran \
>>   --enable-lto \
>>   --enable-gold \
>>   --enable-linker-build-id \
>>   --with-cpu-emag \
>>   --prefix="$HOME/code/${installdir}/"
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how can I run the lto tests?
>
> Did you try:
> make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="lto.exp" ?

This works! Thanks!