* Re: copyright assignment: joined ownership? (fwd)
@ 2000-05-24 14:57 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2000-05-24 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: atai; +Cc: gcc

    Forward at the request of RMS: I believe he is saying FSF copyright
    assignment allows the original author to use the source code in any
    way, including distributing it under other licenses or in proprietary
    software.

That has always been my understanding of the assignment agreement as well.

* Re: copyright assignment: joined ownership? (fwd)
@ 2000-05-24 14:48 Andy Tai
From: Andy Tai @ 2000-05-24 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Forward at the request of RMS: I believe he is saying FSF copyright assignment
allows the original author to use the source code in any way, including
distributing it under other licenses or in proprietary software.
Disclaimer: I am an outsider to the matter at hand.