* Missing Directory in CVS tree
@ 2001-11-23 14:42 Matthew H Bemis
From: Matthew H Bemis @ 2001-11-23 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

for the basic toolchain build there is a file called texi2pod.pl that is
in contrib, but when the toolchain is built the process is looking for
../etc/texi2pod.pl
work with on this one because I am new to this mailing list, but it
seems that this directory does not exist in the "Uberbaum" CVS tree.
Does anyone know if this directory should be there or should the build
look for the file in contrib? there is an etc in the gcc-head directory,
but not in the toolchain directory
thanks in advance
here is a clip of the error that we logged
Can't open perl script
"/mnt/u2/toolchain/buildsys/source/toolchain/binutils/../
etc/texi2pod.pl": No such file or directory
make[3]: [addr2line.1] Error 2 (ignored)
(pod2man --center="GNU Development Tools" --release="binutils-2.11.92"
--section
=1 addr2line.pod | sed -e '/^.if n .na/d' > addr2line.1.T$$ && \

matt bemis
unh  alpha linux group
bemis@iol.unh.edu

* Re: Missing Directory in CVS tree
@ 2001-11-23 16:03 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-11-23 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew H Bemis; +Cc: gcc

On Nov 30, 2001, Matthew H Bemis <bemis@iol.unh.edu> wrote:

> for the basic toolchain build there is a file called texi2pod.pl that is
> in contrib, but when the toolchain is built the process is looking for
> ../etc/texi2pod.pl

It seems that the problem you've encountered is in the binutils build
procedure, so you got the wrong mailing list.  etc is part of the
binutils source tarball, so there's no problem in binutils either.

* Missing Directory in CVS tree
@ 2001-11-30 11:10 ` Matthew H Bemis
From: Matthew H Bemis @ 2001-11-30 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 2001-11-30 11:47   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2001-11-30 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew H Bemis; +Cc: gcc

@ 2001-12-03  9:50   ` George France
From: George France @ 2001-12-03  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva, Matthew H Bemis; +Cc: gcc, Aldy Hernandez

On Friday 30 November 2001 14:45, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2001, Matthew H Bemis <bemis@iol.unh.edu> wrote:
> > for the basic toolchain build there is a file called texi2pod.pl that is
> > in contrib, but when the toolchain is built the process is looking for
> > ../etc/texi2pod.pl
>
> It seems that the problem you've encountered is in the binutils build
> procedure, so you got the wrong mailing list.  etc is part of the
> binutils source tarball, so there's no problem in binutils either.

Greetings,

I believe that he is reffering to the uberbaum cvs repository from message of
Nov 28, 2001 by Aldy Hernandez. The uberbaum repository is missing 'etc'. :-)

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-11/msg01521.html

Does anybody know who is the uberbaum maintainer??

Best Regrads,

--George

* Re: Missing Directory in CVS tree
@ 2001-12-03 13:50     ` Aldy Hernandez
From: Aldy Hernandez @ 2001-12-03 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George France; +Cc: Alexandre Oliva, Matthew H Bemis, gcc, cgf

On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 09:45, George France wrote:
> On Friday 30 November 2001 14:45, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> > On Nov 30, 2001, Matthew H Bemis <bemis@iol.unh.edu> wrote:
> > > for the basic toolchain build there is a file called texi2pod.pl that is
> > > in contrib, but when the toolchain is built the process is looking for
> > > ../etc/texi2pod.pl
> >
> > It seems that the problem you've encountered is in the binutils build
> > procedure, so you got the wrong mailing list.  etc is part of the
> > binutils source tarball, so there's no problem in binutils either.
>
> Greetings,
>
> I believe that he is reffering to the uberbaum cvs repository from message of
> Nov 28, 2001 by Aldy Hernandez. The uberbaum repository is missing 'etc'. :-)

> Does anybody know who is the uberbaum maintainer??

chris faylor (cgf@redhat.com)

what i would REALLY like is if i could actually commit through the
uberbaum tree.

--
Aldy Hernandez			E-mail: aldyh@redhat.com
Professional Gypsy