* Re: TYPE_MODE vs AGGREGATE_TYPE_P
@ 2001-10-17 13:38 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2001-10-17 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zack; +Cc: gcc

    Thanks.  How about the other way round?  (i.e. if TYPE_MODE is BLKmode,
    is AGGREGATE_TYPE_P definitely true?)

I believe so, but why would you want to rely on such a thing?

I could conceive of an addition to GCC that would support mis-aligned
integer types, in which case that would no longer be the case.

* Re: TYPE_MODE vs AGGREGATE_TYPE_P
@ 2001-10-17 13:11   ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2001-10-17 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joern Rennecke; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 07:38:05PM +0100, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> Zack Weinberg wrote:
> >
> > Can AGGREGATE_TYPE_P ever be true for a type without TYPE_MODE
> > of that type being BLKmode?
>
> Yes, but the type must fit into the mode exactly and be suitably aligned.

Thanks.  How about the other way round?  (i.e. if TYPE_MODE is BLKmode,
is AGGREGATE_TYPE_P definitely true?)

zw

* Re: TYPE_MODE vs AGGREGATE_TYPE_P
@ 2001-10-17 11:49 ` Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 2001-10-17 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zack Weinberg; +Cc: gcc

@ 2001-10-17 11:39 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2001-10-17 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zack; +Cc: gcc

    Can AGGREGATE_TYPE_P ever be true for a type without TYPE_MODE
    of that type being BLKmode?

Sure.  If the size and alignment of the type corresponds to that of
an integral mode, TYPE_MODE will be that mode.

* TYPE_MODE vs AGGREGATE_TYPE_P
@ 2001-10-17 11:14 Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2001-10-17 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc