From: kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner)
To: zack@codesourcery.com
Cc: gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Add new target: vxworks for xscale
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 12:22:00 -0000	[thread overview]

    >     I'm sure it appears to work.  That doesn't make it correct.  In any
    >     case, in my capacity as the VxWorks configury maintainer, I don't
    >     want this code in the FSF tree until it's rewritten.  Are you going
    >     to back out the patch?
    >
    > I want to give Olivier some time to comment before we do anything.

    He can do that whether or not the patch is in the FSF tree.  Take it
    out now, please.

I don't appreciate your tone here.

Both of us have blanket write privileges and can't order the other around.

Fundamentally, if we disagree on a patch and can't come to some
agreement, the SC resolves the dispute.

There was no claim that the patch broke anything or even that it didn't work.

We were less than 24 hours after it had been installed.

You had stylistic objections to the patch.  I wanted to defer my opinion
until I saw what response the patch author had to your comments.

Had Olivier agreed with your comments and produced a patch to go on top
of what was there to be consistent with them, I would have put that in.

Had he agreed your criticisms were valid but wasn't able to make an immediate
replacement, I would have reverted it (this is what happened).

But had he *disagreed* with your comments and presented convincing
enough evidence or arguments to support his position, I would have
also disagreed and started a discussion with you to attempt to reach a
concensus as to the right approach.

What was so much of a rush here that we couldn't spend the few extra hours
to go through that process?