* Configuring GCC
@ 2003-03-04  5:24 pberger2
From: pberger2 @ 2003-03-04  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Ok I'm a neophyte, I've never built a Linux kernel, but I still need some help.
I'm trying to perform a configure on gcc and I can't find a host. It sez it
looks at config.guess and can't find what it needs. I'm lost. I'm running on an
old PIII, HP, LDPro Netserver.

Thanks,
PB

This mail sent through WebMail | Courtesy of Golden Triangle On Line

* Re: Configuring GCC
@ 2003-03-04  5:28 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2003-03-04  5:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pberger2; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 19:06, pberger2@golden.net wrote:
> Ok I'm a neophyte, I've never built a Linux kernel, but I still need some help.
> I'm trying to perform a configure on gcc and I can't find a host. It sez it
> looks at config.guess and can't find what it needs. I'm lost. I'm running on an
> old PIII, HP, LDPro Netserver.

Unless you _have_ to build gcc you'd be better off looking for binary
packages. What OS are you running?

-eric

--
o/~ Cry havoc... o/~

* Re: configuring gcc
@ 2003-11-29  4:20 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2003-11-29  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patricia Peratto; +Cc: gcc

Patricia Peratto wrote:
> to what I have to set cc?

You have to have a compiler before you can compile the gcc sources.

You probably want to download a binary from the cygwin or mingw sites,
depending on what kind of windows compiler you want.  See
	http://www.cygwin.com
	http://www.mingw.org

* configuring gcc
@ 2003-11-28 20:46 Patricia Peratto
From: Patricia Peratto @ 2003-11-28 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I have downloaded gcc-3.2.2 for installation on Windows XP
professional.

I'm trying to configure the system.

the script fails and I have the following questions

to what I have to set cc?

which is the path to cc or gcc if I have unzipped
to the directory in c:\gcc?

Patricia Peratto