* PR optimization/9745
@ 2003-03-24  9:15 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-03-24  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dje; +Cc: gcc

David --

I think your proposed path to PR 9745:

is safe, and as sensible as anything I can think of.

Please apply to the branch and the mainline.  If people find this
pessimizes code unduly, we can try to come up with a safe way to do
what the original code was trying to do.

Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com

* Re: PR optimization/9745
@ 2003-03-24 16:09 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 2003-03-24 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

	My patch does overly pessimizes and completely breaks GCC
performance goals for GCC 3.3.  We need to fix this more accurately.

David

* Re: PR optimization/9745
@ 2003-03-24 18:31   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-03-24 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Edelsohn; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 07:34, David Edelsohn wrote:
> 	My patch does overly pessimizes and completely breaks GCC
> performance goals for GCC 3.3.  We need to fix this more accurately.

Well, let's get on it already.

Otherwise, we'll have to conditionally do your patch for PowerPC, or
something equally ugly.

Perhaps you could try the alternate approach you suggest in:

How bad is the pessimization?

Does anyone else have ideas about how to fix this?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC