* PR 8730
@ 2003-03-31 21:03 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-03-31 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kenner; +Cc: gcc

Kenner --

This regression was traced to one of your check-ins.

I asked you to look at this last week, and you indicated you would look
at it on Wednesday.  What news?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re:  PR 8730
@ 2003-03-31 21:39 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2003-03-31 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

I remember looking at this a while ago and the problem has nothing to
do with expression folding, but rather with context in the C front end,
which I don't know well enough to fix.

The test case in question is

 void foo() {
   void *bar (int i, int A[1][i]) { return A[0]; };
 };

The problem is that the size of A is being computed in the context
of function foo.  It needs to be computed in the context of function bar.

Whoever knows the C front end well will have to look at this.

* Re:  PR 8730
@ 2003-03-31 21:22 ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-03-31 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Kenner; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 12:11, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     I asked you to look at this last week, and you indicated you would look
>     at it on Wednesday.  What news?
>
> Interesting coincidence: I'm looking at it *right now*.

Good, thanks!

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re:  PR 8730
@ 2003-03-31 21:11 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2003-03-31 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

    I asked you to look at this last week, and you indicated you would look
    at it on Wednesday.  What news?

Interesting coincidence: I'm looking at it *right now*.

Sorry I didn't get to it riht when I got back: I didn't get a chance to review
email that came in while I was away until this morning.

* Re:  PR 8730
@ 2003-03-23 19:41 Richard Kenner
From: Richard Kenner @ 2003-03-23 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

I'm out of town until Wednesday morning.  I'll look at it then.

* PR 8730
@ 2003-03-21  0:21 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-03-21  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kenner; +Cc: gcc

Kenner --

PR 8730 is a variable-sized object crash caused by code you checked in.

Please fix ASAP.

Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com