* SCO port maintainership
@ 2003-04-09 19:39 Kean Johnston
From: Kean Johnston @ 2003-04-09 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I guess this is to the steering committee, but I don't know
where else to send it, so I figure all of them are on this
list.

Robert Lipe is no longer the maintainer of the SCO5 port.
I would like to volunteer for the job. In fact, a large
amount of the exist work was originally done by me anyway,
Robert just had a better "in" with the GCC teams of old.
But I am reviving the SCO5 port (I have it bootstrapping,
but failing in libstdc++ to which I am still awaiting a
few answers) and I officially maintain gcc for sco5 here
at work, so I seem the logical choice. Its sad to see
Robert go. He carried the torch long and hard, and his
efforts are appreciated beyond mere words.

SO if no-one else wants the job (please don't all shout
at once) ... I am happpy to take it on.

Regards,
Kean.

PS I will try to find someone inhouse to take ownership
of the UnixWare/UDK portions. Not making any promises but
for the time being, if you want to make me the owner of
those too that's fine, until someone else can be found.

* Re: SCO port maintainership
@ 2003-04-10 18:36 ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-04-10 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kean Johnston; +Cc: gcc

> But I am reviving the SCO5 port (I have it bootstrapping,
> but failing in libstdc++ to which I am still awaiting a
> few answers) and I officially maintain gcc for sco5 here
> at work, so I seem the logical choice.

Indeed you do.  I'll forward your request to the SC.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC