From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com>
To: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.com>
Cc: Toon Moene <toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>,
	"gcc@gcc.gnu.org" <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Daily snapshots of tree-ssa branch available
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 14:52:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 13:01, Joe Buck wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:43:54AM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
> > Yes.  This is an issue we need to fix before merging into mainline.
> > GIMPLE tends to emit conditionals that trigger warnings like 'used
> > before definition'.  I believe that Jason was working on a change that
> > would fix this.
>
> Are these warnings valid.

Kind of.  The more common false positive is due to the way the
gimplifier restructures complex conditional expressions like 'if (v &&
(x = foo()))'.  This sometimes leaves code similar to what you quote in
your message.

To properly fix this we need to restructure the code emitted by the
gimplifier and, probably, move some of the other warnings into the
tree-ssa passes.

Diego.