* [tree-ssa] -fdisable-gimple
@ 2003-10-03 13:21 Jeff Sturm
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jeff Sturm @ 2003-10-03 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rth, dnovillo; +Cc: gcc

How important is it that the branch continue to support -fdisable-gimple?
For C or all frontends?

I see that Java has been completely broken with -fdisable-gimple for some
time.  The flag gets no routine testing, making it worse than useless IMO.

More urgently, I don't think we can do tree_rest_of_compilation in any
sane fashion without resorting to

void
java_expand_body (tree fndecl)
{
  if (! flag_disable_gimple)
    tree_rest_of_compilation (fndecl);
  else
    {
      /* ... preserve all old cruft here ... */

Jeff