* Error building for mips variant
@ 2003-12-10 16:17 Rama Singh
From: Rama Singh @ 2003-12-10 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
I am changing gcc for a mips variant. I added my
target in configure.in, config.sub and gcc/config.gcc
with appropriate entries.
In gcc/config.gcc, I added a line like

mytarget-*-elf)
     tm_file="mips/elf.h"
     tmake_file=mips/t-elf
    ;;

basically i want something like mytarget-unknown-elf
to build by using default mips thing.
but it throwing an error

xgcc:installation problem, cannotexec 'mips-tfile':No
such file or directory.

What could be the probable reason for this? I have
mips-tfile.c in gcc/ directory.

Please help

Regards
Rama

Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com

* Re: Error building for mips variant
@ 2003-12-11  8:03 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2003-12-11  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rama Singh; +Cc: gcc

Rama Singh wrote:
> xgcc:installation problem, cannotexec 'mips-tfile':No
> such file or directory.

Configure with the --with-gnu-as option.

* Re: Error building for mips variant
@ 2003-12-12  7:50   ` Rama Singh
From: Rama Singh @ 2003-12-12  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson; +Cc: gcc

Yeah I tried --with-gnu-as and also --with-gnu-ar
but no change...

 --- Jim Wilson <wilson@specifixinc.com> wrote: > Rama

@ 2003-12-12  8:02     ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2003-12-12  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rama Singh; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 23:19, Rama Singh wrote:
> Yeah I tried --with-gnu-as and also --with-gnu-ar
> but no change...

They I suspect you made a mistake.

Use -v to see what commands gcc is emitting.  Look at the specs file to
see where the mips-tfile command comes from.  Notice that it is from
ASM_FINAL_SPEC.  Notice that ASM_FINAL_SPEC depends on MASK_GAS.  Notice
that config.gcc sets MASK_GAS depending on the --with-gnu-as option.
Debug the gcc build process and/or gcc binary to figure out why this
doesn't work for you.

You didn't mention the gcc version, but I assume you have gcc-3.3.  The
answer may be slightly different for other gcc versions.  For instance,
if you use the mainline cvs sources, you shouldn't see any mips-tfile
stuff at all unless you ask for it.