* using9.C failure
@ 2003-12-15 22:03 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-12-15 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: giovannibajo; +Cc: gcc

Giovanni --

I can't quite follow what's going on with the PR c++/2294 situation, but
the bottom line is that using9.C is failing on all systems all the time.

Are these failures a regression?  Or, are they just a long-standing bug?

Our policy is not to have FAILing tests for bugs that are not
regressions.  The reason for that is that it is very difficult for
people to keep track of what tests are "supposed to FAIL".   If it's a
long-standing bug, please XFAIL the test.  If it's a regression, please
let me know what's going on with fixing it.

Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: using9.C failure
@ 2003-12-16  3:10 ` Giovanni Bajo
From: Giovanni Bajo @ 2003-12-16  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:

> I can't quite follow what's going on with the PR c++/2294 situation, but
> the bottom line is that using9.C is failing on all systems all the time.

This conservative patch:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-12/msg00857.html approved by Jason will
fix the testcase. I was out last week and couldn't apply it, but will do ASAP.
I'm retesting it right now with today's HEAD. Sorry for the mess.

Giovanni Bajo

* Re: using9.C failure
@ 2003-12-16  4:23   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2003-12-16  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Bajo; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 17:54, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't quite follow what's going on with the PR c++/2294 situation, but
> > the bottom line is that using9.C is failing on all systems all the time.
>
> This conservative patch:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-12/msg00857.html approved by Jason will
> fix the testcase. I was out last week and couldn't apply it, but will do ASAP.
> I'm retesting it right now with today's HEAD. Sorry for the mess.

Thanks for dealing with it now, and for fixing the bugs in the first
place!