* GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created
@ 2004-01-17  2:58 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2004-01-17  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Now that the number of open regressions has fallen to 98, I have
created the GCC 3.4 release branch.  Thanks to all of you who have
helped to fix these regressions!

That means that GCC 3.5 is now in Stage 1.

Let's please try to keep things relatively organized.  Existing
branches that are ready to merge should go first, followed by other
patches not already present as branches in CVS.  Let's try to do one
thing, get most of the crtical bugs out, and then move on.

And, of course, please do keep trying to fix GCC 3.4 regressions.  98
regressions is still a lot -- but I think we can eliminate most of
those without too much additional effort.

There are still a few items on the branching checklist that I will
complete tonight or tomorrow, but there is no reason that the new
branch or the mainline cannot be used.

Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
mark@codesourcery.com

* Re: GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created
@ 2004-01-17  6:36 ` Eric Botcazou
From: Eric Botcazou @ 2004-01-17  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mark; +Cc: gcc

> Now that the number of open regressions has fallen to 98, I have
> created the GCC 3.4 release branch.  Thanks to all of you who have
> helped to fix these regressions!

Mark, I have a request: please make sure that the primary platforms are in
good shape before branching the next time.

sparc-sun-solaris2.8 doesn't bootstrap as of this writing.

Eric Botcazou

* Re: GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created
@ 2004-01-17 15:35   ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2004-01-17 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Botcazou; +Cc: mark, gcc

Eric Botcazou wrote:

>>Now that the number of open regressions has fallen to 98, I have
>>created the GCC 3.4 release branch.  Thanks to all of you who have
>>helped to fix these regressions!
>

> Mark, I have a request: please make sure that the primary platforms are in
> good shape before branching the next time.
>
> sparc-sun-solaris2.8 doesn't bootstrap as of this writing.

what is broken Eric?

A todays sol9 build seems ok.

* Re: GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created
@ 2004-01-17 15:57     ` Eric Botcazou
From: Eric Botcazou @ 2004-01-17 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Tobler; +Cc: mark, gcc

> A todays sol9 build seems ok.

You woke up too late :-)

Early this morning (European time), the mainline, 3.4 branch and (supposedly)
3.3 branch were broken by Jan's patch for PR opt/11350 on SPARC and SPARC64.

It seems this was fixed on mainline by Geoff, but not on the branches.

--
Eric Botcazou

* Re: GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created
@ 2004-01-17 15:59       ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2004-01-17 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Botcazou; +Cc: mark, gcc

Eric Botcazou wrote:

>>A todays sol9 build seems ok.
>

> You woke up too late :-)

Hey hey, was up before 7 :)

> Early this morning (European time), the mainline, 3.4 branch and (supposedly)
> 3.3 branch were broken by Jan's patch for PR opt/11350 on SPARC and SPARC64.
>
> It seems this was fixed on mainline by Geoff, but not on the branches.

Applied this one by hand for the other platforms and then when I synced
solaris it was already in.

Ok.

* Re: GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created
@ 2004-01-17 18:01   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2004-01-17 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Botcazou; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 22:38, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > Now that the number of open regressions has fallen to 98, I have
> > created the GCC 3.4 release branch.  Thanks to all of you who have
> > helped to fix these regressions!
>
> Mark, I have a request: please make sure that the primary platforms are in
> good shape before branching the next time.
>
> sparc-sun-solaris2.8 doesn't bootstrap as of this writing.

Clearly that needs to be fixed, before the release, but it's not
necessarily a reason not to create a branch.

I'm not worried that the bug will not be fixed.

If there were a major structural problem, that might be different -- but
this is clearly just something that needs to be worked out.

Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
CodeSourcery, LLC

* Re: GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created
@ 2004-02-26  2:46 ` David O'Brien
From: David O'Brien @ 2004-02-26  2:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Mitchell; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 12:08:30PM -0800, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Now that the number of open regressions has fallen to 98, I have
> created the GCC 3.4 release branch.  Thanks to all of you who have

Hi Mark,

3.4.0 release, but couldn't find any.

Can you send an update to the list on the 3.4.0 release plans?  FreeBSD
is planing our next release and want to see how 3.4.0 plans line up for
FreeBSD 5.3.

-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)

* Re: GCC 3.4 Release Branch Created
@ 2004-02-27  0:18 Erik Vaughn
From: Erik Vaughn @ 2004-02-27  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: obrien; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:20:03 -0800, David O'Brien
wrote:
updated > information on
> 3.4.0 release, but couldn't find any.
>
> Can you send an update to the list on the 3.4.0
release > plans?  FreeBSD
> is planing our next release and want to see how
3.4.0
> plans line up for
> FreeBSD 5.3.

I'm not Mark, but you can check
gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-02/msg00412.html for the
latest 3.4 branch status.  I hope this helps!

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools