* Need Help
@ 2004-08-31 12:49 Kolingba Arthur
From: Kolingba Arthur @ 2004-08-31 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I have a problem installing GCC. The fact is that occures an error level
2. I don't really know what does it means because I'm a french speaking.
After running "make install" in the "objdir" I've received that error.
How can I remedy to that situation? I'm a beginner in the Linux
environment.
All regards

* Re: Need Help
@ 2004-09-01 19:49 ` James E Wilson
From: James E Wilson @ 2004-09-01 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kolingba Arthur; +Cc: gcc

Kolingba Arthur wrote:
> I have a problem installing GCC. The fact is that occures an error level
> 2. I don't really know what does it means because I'm a french speaking.

The make error message numbers are not very meaningful.  We need the
text of the actual error message, which should be just above the line
reporting a make error.  Giving us the last 20 lines or so of make
output may be enough for us to understand what is wrong.  We will likely
also need other info, such as what kind of machine you are using, what
configure options you used, etc.

* Re: need help
@ 2008-02-25 13:13 ` Alexey Zaytsev
From: Alexey Zaytsev @ 2008-02-25 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mag cool; +Cc: gcc

Try this book: http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/

>  Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
>  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

* need help
@ 2008-02-25 12:24 Mag cool
From: Mag cool @ 2008-02-25 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hi, i am a beginner in this tech world. i want to learn 1/how to do programming in c in unix or linux. i don&#39;t know anything about linux. where to start.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

* need help
@ 2008-02-25 12:24 Mag cool
From: Mag cool @ 2008-02-25 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hi, i am a beginner in this tech world. i want to learn how to do programming in c in unix or linux. i don&#39;t know anything about linux. where to start.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

* Re: Need help
@ 2006-07-12  4:41     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2006-07-12  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ammalik; +Cc: gcc

ammalik@cs.uwaterloo.ca writes:

> I am getting the following compilation error:
>
> /tmp/ccIUvX3i.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV4ListIiE+0x8): undefined reference to
> `List<int>::Find(int const&)'

Wrong mailing list.  This sort of question should go to
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org.  Thanks.

I don't know the answer to your question without a complete test
case.  However, you should be able to figure it out yourself by
reading the friendly manual:
    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.1/gcc/Template-Instantiation.html

Ian

* Need help
@ 2006-07-12  1:52   ` ammalik
From: ammalik @ 2006-07-12  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi :

I am getting the following compilation error:

/tmp/ccIUvX3i.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTV4ListIiE+0x8): undefined reference to
`List<int>::Find(int const&)'

the declaration is:

virtual int Find (const Etype &X);

and the definition is:

template <class Etype>

int

List<Etype>::Find (const Etype &X){

	Node *P;

	for (P=List_Head; P!=NULL; P = P->Next)

		if (P->Element == X)

		{

			Current_Positioon = P;

			return 1;

		}

	 return 0;

}

Any suggestions!!!

Thanks
Abid

This mail sent through www.mywaterloo.ca

* Re: Need help
@ 2006-06-28 23:27 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2006-06-28 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ammalik; +Cc: gcc

On Jun 28, 2006, at 1:59 PM, ammalik@cs.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
>  I am a PhD student working on optimal instruction scheduling
> problems. I want to
> integrate my scheduler into the GCC. Can you tell me where to
> start? and
> important links which can be helpful for the integration work?

I'd start by downloading gcc and unpacking it and then fire up
emacs.  :-)

After that, you can read up on what to do next:

   http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html

Our web site has hundreds of pages of documentation...  feel free to
read up on what ever topics you're interested in.

* Need help
@ 2006-06-28 21:54 ammalik
From: ammalik @ 2006-06-28 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hello:

 I am a PhD student working on optimal instruction scheduling problems. I want to
integrate my scheduler into the GCC. Can you tell me where to start? and
important links which can be helpful for the integration work?

Thanks
Abid Malik

@ 2005-12-15  8:16 Ivan Petrov
From: Ivan Petrov @ 2005-12-15  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear all!

It posible to receive function with type defined logicaly as '...false, true, true, "XXXX"' in 'attribute_spec', to
a TARGET_EXPAND_BUILTIN or TARGET_RESOLVE_OVERLOADED_BUILTIN hooks?
Criteria function return type and arguments count/type must be ignored for filtering.

--
Regards
Ivan Petrov

* RE: need help
@ 2003-09-26 12:16 ` Jon Beniston
From: Jon Beniston @ 2003-09-26 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Eitan', gcc, gcc-help

> 2. I get an annoying warning message - "warning: too many
> arguments for format". What does it mean?

Probably that you're doing something like

printf("%s %d\n", name, age, address);

i.e. there are more arguments than there are %'s.

> 3. Good programing parctice - If I have a static global
> variable, that is defined in one file, but not used in it -
> why is it a bad thing (I get a warning)?

Static variables (and functions) are not visible to other files. So if
they're not referenced in the file in which they are defined, then they
may as well not exist.

Cheers,
Jon

* need help
@ 2003-09-26 11:46 Eitan
From: Eitan @ 2003-09-26 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-help

Hello

I have several questions:

1. Is there a list of known warnings and errors generated from the GCC on
the web? I mean a list that would shortly explain the reason for it.
Something like MSDN  - heaven forbids!!!   :-).

2. I get an annoying warning message - "warning: too many arguments for
format". What does it mean?

3. Good programing parctice - If I have a static global variable, that is
defined in one file, but not used in it - why is it a bad thing (I get a
warning)?

Thanks a lot and have a good weekend
Eitan Gur

* Re: need help
@ 2003-07-22 13:55 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2003-07-22 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ggbg ddfd; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, ggbg ddfd wrote:
> After compiling this simple program

This kind of question is completely inappropriate for this list which
is on the development _of_ GCC, not the development _with_ GCC.

Also, it is extremely impolite to ask this kind of question _anywhere_
without first trying to search for "undefined reference to `sqrt'" in
Google or a different search engine.

Gerald

* need help
@ 2003-07-22 13:48 ` ggbg ddfd
From: ggbg ddfd @ 2003-07-22 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

After compiling this simple program

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

int main(void)
{
  printf("%d", sqrt(10));

  return 0;
}

with this makefile
new : new.o
	cc -o new new.o

new.o : new.c
	cc -c new.c
clean :
	rm new.o
cleanall :
	rm new new.o

I recieved the following errors

[e@localhost e]$ man gcc
[e@localhost e]$ cd programing
[e@localhost programing]$ make
cc -o new new.o
new.o: In function `main':
new.o(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `sqrt'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [new] Error 1
[e@localhost programing]$

Then I tried

[e@localhost programing]$ gcc -o new new.c
/tmp/ccDwfMtN.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccDwfMtN.o(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `sqrt'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
[e@localhost programing]$

THIS DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY
please tell me why,
I'm running Mandrake Linux release 8.2 for i586
            Kernel 2.4.18-6 mdk on an i868
with gcc-2.96

Please,
send me answer as soon as posible.

http://kino.GBG.bg - ÍÀ×ÀËÎ | ÊÈÍÎ ÏÐÅÌÈÅÐÈ | ÏÐÎÃÐÀÌÀÒÀ | ÍÎÂÈÍÈ | DVD È ÂÈÄÅÎ | ÊÈÍÎ ÈÑÒÎÐÈß

* need help
@ 2003-07-22 13:39 ggbg ddfd
From: ggbg ddfd @ 2003-07-22 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

@ 2000-01-27 20:22 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2000-01-27 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Krishnan Palani; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Krishnan Palani wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed redhot linux 6.1.
> There is no "cc" command available in that machine.
> How to install  gcc c compiler without a previous version of "cc"(c
> compiler)?
> While running ./configure, it is asking a for cc

There is a development package that you can install as part of RH 6.1.
During the
"Custom" install look for a package group that says "Development".

This will give you gcc and all of the required headers.  From there you
can build more recent versions of gcc.

-eric

* need help
@ 2000-01-27 18:46 Krishnan Palani
From: Krishnan Palani @ 2000-01-27 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Hi,

I have installed redhot linux 6.1.
There is no "cc" command available in that machine.
How to install  gcc c compiler without a previous version of "cc"(c
compiler)?
While running ./configure, it is asking a for cc

Thanks and regards

Krishnan

.

* Re: Need Help
@ 1999-12-31 23:54     ` Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pogde prashant; +Cc: tromey, gcc

>   	[(set (match_operand:QI 0 "register_operand" "+a,a")
>         	(plus:QI (match_operand:QI 1 "register_operand" "0,0")

You have already expressed the input function of operand zero with
the matching constraint for operand 1, so you should just say"=a,a" .

* Need Help
@ 1999-12-31 23:54   ` pogde prashant
From: pogde prashant @ 1999-12-31 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: gcc

Hii
	I was trying to port gcc to 8085.
	but the compiler that is generated crashes on
	some simple programs like
	case 1:
	main()
	{
		register int a;
		register int b;
		b=b+1;
	}

	though it works perfectly for

	case 2:
	main()
	{
		register int a;
		register int b;
		a=a+1;
	}

	the reason i figured out was :
	in my machine description file
	i have specified patterns for

	(define_insn "addqi3"
  	[(set (match_operand:QI 0 "register_operand" "+a,a")
        	(plus:QI (match_operand:QI 1 "register_operand" "0,0")
                 (match_operand:QI 2 "nonmemory_operand"  "i,r")))]
  		""
  		"@
    		ADI %2
    		ADD %2 "
	)
	where constraint "a" specifies that this operand must be in
	accumalator(reg no 0).

	and I also have pattern for all register to register move
	instructions.

	the rtl code that is generated for these two programs
	i m sending with this mail as an attachment.

	the problem is- (in first case )up to local register allocation
	compiler works perfectly it also generates correct rtl codes.
	but during "reload" phase it crashes.the reason is it assigns
	accumalator(reg 0) to first variable "a" and pseudo register no "2"
	to second variable before reload pass .
	Now during reload pass it should find out that the values are in
	wrong registers and add instruction pattern can not be applied on it.
	so it should generate some extra register to
	register mov instruction so that pattern for "add" instruction
	in the md file can be applied.but it is crashing in this phase.

	i have read just the documentation for how to port gcc to
	new architectures that comes with gcc package.

	I m not able to find out why the compiler is crashing.
	I would highly appreciate if u can guide me that how to find
	out and correct error in this case .can u plz also tell me if
	some other kind of patterns will be required in md file for this
	particular kind of translation.I think move patterns and pattern
	for add instruction should be sufficient.I have mapped all data
	types to 8bits.
thanx and regards
Prashant

* Re: Need Help