From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org>
To: Giovanni Bajo <rasky@develer.com>
Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>,
	Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@gnu.org>,
	 gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: toplevel bootstrap (stage 2 project)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:27:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 11:43 +0200, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> wrote:
>
> >> It would help also if you add to the wiki explanation of what exactly all
> >> these options do. Especially bubblestrap vs quickstrap vs restrap.
> >
> > Why to the WIki??  This should be part of the regular documentation,
> > and if anything is to improve, the improvements should be made there
> > instead of having that on the Wiki (or, even worse, causing duplication).
>

> Well, because Wiki is more attractive to people writing documentation for
> several reasons (faster than writing a HTML/TeX patch and submitting it for
> review, etc.). Maybe we should think if we want to use the Wiki as our rapid
> documentation prototyping: people could write documentation there for
> review, be refined by others, and eventually converted to real TeX
> documentation.

This is what i did with the decl hierarchy documentation i submitted as
part of the decl cleanup patch.

The Texinfo version took significantly longer than the wiki portion, but
it was mainly just mechanical formatting, etc, where wiki knows what to
do automatically or with a trivial command and Texinfo doesn't.