* Installation problem on Sun Solaris 2.7
@ 2001-05-09  1:31 Anshuman Mittal
From: Anshuman Mittal @ 2001-05-09  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,
I have downloaded the latest version from the GCC FTP site
( ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/releases/index.html )
Name : GCC 2.95.2 (12.5 Megs)

However, I am facing a certain problem while installing it on my Sun SParc
machine running Solaris 2.7

While running the following command 'configure' in the gcc-2.95.2 directory,
it firat gives a warning

cc: Warning: option -2 passed to ld
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option --2

After that it gives the following error and terminates
The command '<$CC> -o conftest -02   conftest.c' failed.
You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

where $CC refers to the existing cc compiler
I have checked the compiler and it is working fine.
I feel the option '-02' is giving some problem.

An urgent help is needed.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshuman Mittal
VLSI Software Ltd,
India

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-09  1:31 UTC | newest]