* Re: egcs-1.2 stuff (fwd)
@ 1999-03-19 13:33 Steve Harris
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Steve Harris @ 1999-03-19 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi all,

Will Gnu Pascal and Gnu Ada be knit into egcs?  If so, when?

Just curious.

-S

* Re: egcs-1.2 stuff (fwd)
@ 1999-03-19 14:25 ` David Starner
       [not found] ` < Pine.SGI.3.96.990319163245.10262B-100000@hades.gsfc.nasa.gov >
From: David Starner @ 1999-03-19 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Steve Harris wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Will Gnu Pascal and Gnu Ada be knit into egcs?  If so, when?
>
> Just curious.
>
> -S

There are plans for both to get added to EGCS.
Problems:
Pascal still needs the patches added in cleanly, and needs to be updated
from EGCS 1.1.1 to mainline.
Ada needs to be updated to work with EGCS period and needs the configure
stuff to find an old GNAT, as GNAT is written in Ada.
--
David Starner - OSU student - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you want a real optimist, look up Ray Bradbury. Guy's nuts.

* Re: egcs-1.2 stuff (fwd)
       [not found] ` < Pine.SGI.3.96.990319163245.10262B-100000@hades.gsfc.nasa.gov >
@ 1999-03-19 16:14   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-03-19 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Harris; +Cc: egcs

  In message < Pine.SGI.3.96.990319163245.10262B-100000@hades.gsfc.nasa.gov >you
write:
  > Will Gnu Pascal and Gnu Ada be knit into egcs?  If so, when?
We'd like to.  Someone needs to start feeding the gpc changes to the
language/machine independent parts of the compiler.

I suspect we'll have gpc integrated before Ada though.

jeff

* Re: egcs-1.2 stuff (fwd)
       [not found] ` < Pine.SGI.3.96.990319163245.10262B-100000@hades.gsfc.nasa.gov >
@ 1999-03-31 23:46 ` Steve Harris