* Software FP Support
@ 2010-03-30 13:29 Paulo J. Matos
From: Paulo J. Matos @ 2010-03-30 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I am trying to get FP support working in a backend. This raised
several questions which were promptly answered and after digging
deeper I found the culprit.
GCC is generating a call to floatunsihf when it needs to convert an
unsigned integer to a float. And this call is being generated because
I am compiling to a 16bit target, where floats are 32, meaning floats
are HFmode.

Now, I read in http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Software_floating_point that
soft-fp doesn't support 16bit targets, but (even if slow) does fp-bit
support 16bit target?
I just need a rudimentary floating point support (speed is not
important) and I am trying to avoid assembler.

Would I be able to get it working with fp-bit or maybe setting the
FLOAT_TYPE_SIZE to something different than 32?

--
PMatos