* Hello,Gnu
@ 2005-06-01 11:22 dk zhou
From: dk zhou @ 2005-06-01 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello , I want to make the an compiler for a new
language to produce elf and pe(windows) format file.
Can you tell me where to find the document of
them(most detail)?
or,Is there some allready exist library ?

                                      Thank You!

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Re: Hello,Gnu
@ 2005-06-01 17:46 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2005-06-01 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dk zhou; +Cc: gcc

On Wednesday, June 1, 2005, at 04:22  AM, dk zhou wrote:
> Hello , I want to make the an compiler for a new
> language to produce elf and pe(windows) format file.
> Can you tell me where to find the document of
> them(most detail)?

All the documentation we have can be found on the web site, or in the
source code.

For your reading pleasure we provide 8 working examples for you to copy
ideas from; they contain lots of various details that may be of
interest to you.

* Changes in 'finstrument-functions' option
@ 2005-06-02  7:01 ` Perret Yannick
From: Perret Yannick @ 2005-06-02  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: gcc

Hi all,

some times ago I wrote about a modification
of the '-finstrument-functions' option of 'gcc'.
My goal was (and is still) to obtain additionnal
informations about functions (as symbols
addresses is sometime not enough).

So I made a patch to allow to send more data
to the __cyg_profile_func_enter/exit :
- function name (level 0, 1 and 2)
- file name
- line number
- function Id

I'm currently building the patch for the 4.1 last
snapshot...

My questions are:
- is it better to create a new option (i.e.
instrument-functions-full) or to modify the
behavior of 'instrument-functions' ?
- maybe the user should be able to indicate
at compilation time what are the informations
he wants to get (i.e. -fintrument-functions
-finstrument-format "<requested fields>").
Any idea/suggestion ?

Thank in advance.

Regards,
--
Yannick Perret

* RE: Hello,Gnu
@ 2005-05-31 17:17   ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2005-05-31 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2005-05-31 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dk zhou; +Cc: gcc

@ 2005-05-31 17:10 dk zhou
From: dk zhou @ 2005-05-31 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I want to use gcc to compile program for windows,how
can i get it?

                                 thank you!

http://mail.yahoo.com