* seeking primer on adding testsuite entries ...
@ 1998-10-31  7:48 Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 1998-10-31  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

	I'd like to create some testsuite entries for gcc warnings,
(i.e, testing if the warnings DTRT.)

	Would someone please let me know which docs are most appropriate
to read on how to put this together? Eg, things like how to pass special
flags to tests and how to specify expected output.  Or just point out
examples from the existing testsuite.  (I'm willing to RTFM, I just
don't know which FM to read.)

	Also where should tests I create go? Should I create a new
directory?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Icon CMT Corp.

* Re: seeking primer on adding testsuite entries ...
@ 1998-10-31 16:39 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-10-31 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 199810311548.KAA01250@caip.rutgers.edu >you write:
  > 	I'd like to create some testsuite entries for gcc warnings,
  > (i.e, testing if the warnings DTRT.)
  >
  > 	Would someone please let me know which docs are most appropriate
  > to read on how to put this together? Eg, things like how to pass special
  > flags to tests and how to specify expected output.  Or just point out
  > examples from the existing testsuite.  (I'm willing to RTFM, I just
  > don't know which FM to read.)
  >
  > 	Also where should tests I create go? Should I create a new
  > directory?
For the gcc testsuite you'll want to use the "dg" framework.  Examples
can be found in gcc.dg

lib/gcc-dg.exp and dg.exp in the dejagnu dist should have information on using
the dg framework.

jeff