* Crosscompiler with egcs-1.0.2
@ 1998-04-17  7:07 Bernhard Bitsch
From: Bernhard Bitsch @ 1998-04-17  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

hello,
once again, how can I build a crosscompiler from egcs-1.0.2 ?
Must I apply a patch ( which ?)
which binutils are necessary / mandatory ?
I dont want to install to default prefix, what have I watch for ?

Thanks
  Bernhard Bitsch
-
Dipl. Inform.(FH) Bernhard Bitsch
Altvater Airdata Systems GmbH & Co. KG
Riemenstrasse 30, D-74906 Bad Rappenau/Germany
Phone : ++49 7264 804 104

* Re: Crosscompiler with egcs-1.0.2
@ 1998-04-17 23:53 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-04-17 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bernhard.bitsch; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 3537594E.76A9@altvater.com >you write:
  > hello,
  > once again, how can I build a crosscompiler from egcs-1.0.2 ?
I recommend you read the FAQ and the cross-gcc FAQ.

  > Must I apply a patch ( which ?)
I don't believe there are any pre-packaged patches to improve
cross compiler support for 1.0.2.  While 1.0.2 can be set up
to build a cross compiler, it's not as seamless as we'd like it
to be.  We addressing some of these problems for egcs-1.1.

  > which binutils are necessary / mandatory ?
Pick one that works for your target.  binutils-2.8 or binutils-2.9
are probably the best bets.

  > I dont want to install to default prefix, what have I watch for ?
So configure with --prefix=<somepath>

jeff