* [Q] gcc 2.8.0 status info?
@ 1997-12-10 15:53 Benjamin Redelings I
From: Benjamin Redelings I @ 1997-12-10 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

	Hi, I here a lot of people talking about gcc 2.8.0 as if it has
already been released :)  I know there are snapshots out there
somewhere... is there a status-page on the web, or an ftp directory with a
'Changes' or NEWS file that would say what is going on with 2.8 ?

	I am probably more interested in ecgs, but it would still be nice
to have links to gcc2.8 info on the ecgs page because it always seems to
be floating around in the background.

Thanks,
-BenRI

* Re: [Q] gcc 2.8.0 status info?
@ 1997-12-11  8:45 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-12-11  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

  In message < Pine.HPP.3.95q.971210155046.29305A-100000@sehplib.ucsd.edu >you write:
  > 	Hi, I here a lot of people talking about gcc 2.8.0 as if it has
  > already been released :)  I know there are snapshots out there
  > somewhere... is there a status-page on the web, or an ftp directory with a
  > 'Changes' or NEWS file that would say what is going on with 2.8 ?
It's not released yet.  It's been in the "I'll release tomorrow if no serious bugs
are found" for about a week.  Folks keep finding serious bugs.

jeff