* What happend to "enable_version_specific_runtime_libs" in egcs-19980628
@ 1998-06-29 14:05 Stefan Meixner
From: Stefan Meixner @ 1998-06-29 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: EGCS

Hi,

after the recent discussion I decided to give the new flag

enable_version_specific_runtime_libs

a try with egcs-19980628 snapshot.

But the flag was removed from the toplevel configure script,
although the ChangeLog only references the addition.
In gcc/configure[.in] the patch seems to have been
applied!

Want am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Stefan

* Re: What happend to "enable_version_specific_runtime_libs" in egcs-19980628
@ 1998-06-29 23:55 ` Manfred Hollstein
From: Manfred Hollstein @ 1998-06-29 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan.Meixner; +Cc: egcs

On Mon, 29 June 1998, 20:23:52, Stefan.Meixner@emskopp.a.shuttle.de wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > after the recent discussion I decided to give the new flag
 >
 > enable_version_specific_runtime_libs
 >
 > a try with egcs-19980628 snapshot.
 >
 > But the flag was removed from the toplevel configure script,
 > although the ChangeLog only references the addition.

Are you sure? I just looked into my CVS sources from 19980629 and the
toplevel configure uses ${enable_version_specific_runtime_libs} 4
times!

 > In gcc/configure[.in] the patch seems to have been
 > applied!
 >
 > Want am I doing wrong?

I don't know. If you are CVS aware, you should try updating
egcs/configure manually.

 > Thanks for your help!

You're welcome.

 > Stefan

manfred

* Re: What happend to "enable_version_specific_runtime_libs" in egcs-19980628
@ 1998-06-30  4:50   ` Stefan Meixner
From: Stefan Meixner @ 1998-06-30  4:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manfred, Manfred.Hollstein; +Cc: EGCS

> On Mon, 29 June 1998, 20:23:52, Stefan.Meixner@emskopp.a.shuttle.de wrote:
>
>  >
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > after the recent discussion I decided to give the new flag
>  >
>  > enable_version_specific_runtime_libs
>  >
>  > a try with egcs-19980628 snapshot.
>  >
>  > But the flag was removed from the toplevel configure script,
>  > although the ChangeLog only references the addition.
>
> Are you sure? I just looked into my CVS sources from 19980629 and the
> toplevel configure uses ${enable_version_specific_runtime_libs} 4
> times!

I found it by now, too!
My problem was the difference in - <=> _ . I was in such a hurry yesterday
to get the bootstrap going, that I grep'ed for 'enable-version-specific-runtime-libs',
but tried to configure with enable_version_specific_runtime_libs. Cut and paste
mania!

Everything configures fine now. I will have results tomorrow morning.

> manfred

I am sorry to have take up your time!
Thanks!

Stefan