* What does the RTX_FLAG volitil mean?
@ 2013-08-15  4:51 sculptor
From: sculptor @ 2013-08-15  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

In poking about the guts of gcc I noticed that the RTX_FLAG volitil seems to
be set for some strange reasons... For instance. it's set for registers that
receive the value of a parameter register in addition to being set for
registers that were declared volatile in the C code. Note, this is not an
academic because I really need to figure out which registers were declared
as volatile...

* Re: What does the RTX_FLAG volitil mean?
@ 2013-08-15  8:18 ` pinskia
From: pinskia @ 2013-08-15  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sculptor; +Cc: gcc

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 14, 2013, at 9:01 PM, sculptor <mwso@earthlink.net> wrote:

> In poking about the guts of gcc I noticed that the RTX_FLAG volitil seems to
> be set for some strange reasons... For instance. it's set for registers that
> receive the value of a parameter register in addition to being set for
> registers that were declared volatile in the C code. Note, this is not an
> academic because I really need to figure out which registers were declared
> as volatile...

The volatile flag on a reg rtx means it is an user variable. Volatile by the time we get to rtl are already modeled as load and stores.  What exactly are you trying to solve with volatile registers?

-- Andrew

@ 2013-08-15 18:58   ` sculptor
From: sculptor @ 2013-08-15 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Andrew --

I'm looking at something declared as a volatile "register" so I'm pretty
sure it's not a load/store... ;-) Note, I'd prefer not to tell what this is
all about because things would just spiral down a rathole and I need to
solve a problem...

-- Gary