* Re: disabling cross built libs
@ 1999-01-31 23:58   ` Bill Currie
From: Bill Currie @ 1999-01-31 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manfred, Manfred.Hollstein; +Cc: egcs

Manfred Hollstein wrote:

> On Fri, 15 January 1999, 14:21:56, bcurrie@tssc.co.nz wrote:
>
>  > How do I disable cross building libiberty, libio etc?  Will
>  > --disable-libname work? (that's what I'm trying now)
>  > I found it once before, I think, but I lost track of the info.
>
> You cannot "disable" building libraries.  What you *could* do is to
> remove the particular directories containing the sources you're not
> interested in; beware, "libiberty" is needed, so don't remove it!

Trouble is, it's libiberty that won't cross compile (it barfs on fdmatch
because my target doesn't have stat.h (easily fixed), but also doen't
have fstat and co).

> It would be much easier, though, to restrict the languages to be built
> by using the flag `--enable-languages=...'.  See its documentation
> on the web.

I'll have another look at that.

Thanks anyway.
Bill
--
Leave others their otherness

* disabling cross built libs
@ 1999-01-31 23:58 Bill Currie
From: Bill Currie @ 1999-01-31 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

@ 1999-01-31 23:58 ` Manfred Hollstein
From: Manfred Hollstein @ 1999-01-31 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bcurrie; +Cc: egcs

On Fri, 15 January 1999, 14:21:56, bcurrie@tssc.co.nz wrote:

 > How do I disable cross building libiberty, libio etc?  Will
 > --disable-libname work? (that's what I'm trying now)
 > I found it once before, I think, but I lost track of the info.

You cannot "disable" building libraries.  What you *could* do is to
remove the particular directories containing the sources you're not
interested in; beware, "libiberty" is needed, so don't remove it!

It would be much easier, though, to restrict the languages to be built
by using the flag `--enable-languages=...'.  See its documentation
on the web.

 > Bill
 > --
 > Leave others their otherness