* restrict ?
@ 1998-01-26  1:06 Thomas Aigner
From: Thomas Aigner @ 1998-01-26  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!
I would like to know whether there are plans to get the NCEG restrict
keyword, eventually also for c++
	Thomas

* Re: restrict ?
@ 1998-01-26  8:32 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-01-26  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

  In message < Pine.LNX.3.96.980126100435.3302A-100000@FANGORN.genias.de >you
  write:
  > Hi all!
  > I would like to know whether there are plans to get the NCEG restrict
  > keyword, eventually also for c++
We've actually got a patch for this, but I think there are still some
outstanding issues with it (does it apply to a type or a variable being
the most serious if I remember correctly).

jeff

* Re: restrict ?
@ 1998-01-26 14:42 ` John Carr
From: John Carr @ 1998-01-26 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I started working on "restrict" but I can't predict when I will finish.

You can tell egcs that function arguments are not aliases for each
other by using -fargument-noalias (arguments do not alias each other
but may point to global or static variables) or -fargument-noalias-global
(function arguments do not alias each other or global or static variables).