From: "David H. Lynch Jr." <david.lynch@sadram.net>
To: Richard Biener <richard.guenther@gmail.com>,
	Jonathan Wakely <jwakely.gcc@gmail.com>
Cc: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden@schemamania.org>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: Request for Direction.
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 16:58:42 -0500	[thread overview]

Thx,

I appreciate the direction.

We used a special tag in the preprocessor that we did. But there is no
requirement of any specific means or syntax.

we have been calling content addressable variables "sarts".

So the first thing we must do is take almost any existing variable and
identify it as a sart - that would be an attibute.

But it must also belong to a specific group/block/.... Name spaces
could deal with this, but depending on the problem there could be one
namespace for all CA variables or many different namespaces.

Basically the variable must be identified as content addressable, and
it must be tagged as utilizing a specific address translation
mechanism.

The next issue is that when the variable is used any type of bounds
checking must be disabled because the "bounds" of a sart or content
addressible variable are not easily known by the compiler.

Next the code generated for get/put will be different.