* need help on gcc installation
@ 2003-01-04 14:07 duraisamy dheepan
From: duraisamy dheepan @ 2003-01-04 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hello sir
i am using Mandrake 8.1 edition with gcc 2.96 i want
to install gcc 2.95 . i downloaded the binaries and
type configure to configure and make bootstrap for
make functions but only error is displayed .please
tell me how to install gcc 2.95 in the system waiting
for u r mail. dd

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

* need help on gcc installation
@ 2003-01-04 14:21 ` Andrew Haley
From: Andrew Haley @ 2003-01-04 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: duraisamy dheepan; +Cc: gcc

duraisamy dheepan writes:
 > hello sir
 > i am using Mandrake 8.1 edition with gcc 2.96 i want
 > to install gcc 2.95 . i downloaded the binaries and
 > type configure to configure and make bootstrap for
 > make functions but only error is displayed .please
 > tell me how to install gcc 2.95 in the system waiting
 > for u r mail.

gcc 2.95 was released on July 31, 1999.  The current release is gcc 3.2.

There's a Mandrake RPM at http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/cooker/cookfire/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/gcc-2.95.2-12mdk.i586.html

Source at ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/SRPMS//gcc-2.95.2-12mdk.src.rpm

See if that builds.

Andrew.

* Re: need help on gcc installation
@ 2003-04-29 18:05 ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2003-04-29 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gonca Orgulu; +Cc: gcc

Hi,

Gonca Orgulu wrote:
> I am new for program installation and am not sys admin.
> I tried to understand the instructions, but i think that i did not
> understand very well.
> Probably, my problem for ld is related to the path definition. I am
> running the program "configure" as root. While as root, the system
> does not find ld command. Actually, i have link editor program which is in
> a different path. I tried to give a path for the ld command in configure
> as below,
>
> ld='/usr/ccs/bin/ld'
>
> I am not sure i am doing correctly.

Hm, you don't need to run this as root.
Here in my env I set the PATH pointing to the ccs/bin/ld. I use the
tcsh. This is what I put in my .tcshrc:

setenv PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/bin:$PATH
setenv CONFIG_SHELL /bin/ksh

Then source this .tcshrc and configure the gcc to your needs.

e.g, in a directory called objdir which is on the same level as the gcc-src.

../gcc/configure --prefix=<where to install>

after configure completes, a make bootstrap should run through.

Andreas

* need help on gcc installation
@ 2003-04-29 16:07 Gonca Orgulu
From: Gonca Orgulu @ 2003-04-29 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Gerald,

I am new for program installation and am not sys admin.
I tried to understand the instructions, but i think that i did not
understand very well.
Probably, my problem for ld is related to the path definition. I am
running the program "configure" as root. While as root, the system
does not find ld command. Actually, i have link editor program which is in
a different path. I tried to give a path for the ld command in configure
as below,

ld='/usr/ccs/bin/ld'

I am not sure i am doing correctly.

Could you help me?