* Native build on mips-sgi-irix6.2 and DejaGNU question
@ 1997-10-29  9:50 Paul Henning
From: Paul Henning @ 1997-10-29  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I have built egcs-971023 twice now on mips-sgi-irix6.2
host/target. The first time was using a "gcc 2.7.2.3" I had built a
while ago, and that built fairly cleanly.

I then tried building with the SGI C compiler (v6.2), making sure that
none of the gcc tools were available.  My comments about the build are
attached below.  Should the top-level make assume that we are building
with gcc and thus try to build gcc/f before building the stage 1
compiler?  Also, there seems to be a "hidden" dependency on gperf;
should that be there?

Okay, now for the really ignant question.  I have dejagnu-1.3, but the
libio tests go looking for "standard.exp", which I don't have.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul Henning			phenning@cs.uiowa.edu

* Re: Native build on mips-sgi-irix6.2 and DejaGNU question
@ 1997-11-02 22:12 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-11-02 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Henning; +Cc: egcs

  In message <199710291750.LAA17781@server.cs.uiowa.edu>you write:
  > I have built egcs-971023 twice now on mips-sgi-irix6.2
  > host/target. The first time was using a "gcc 2.7.2.3" I had built a
  > while ago, and that built fairly cleanly.
Good to hear.

  > I then tried building with the SGI C compiler (v6.2), making sure that
  > none of the gcc tools were available.  My comments about the build are
  > attached below.  Should the top-level make assume that we are building
  > with gcc and thus try to build gcc/f before building the stage 1
  > compiler?  Also, there seems to be a "hidden" dependency on gperf;
  > should that be there?
You should be using the "bootstrap" target, which will avoid trying
to build the f77 compiler with the native compiler.

The hidden dependency on gperf should only be there if you're
using "patch" to update from one snapshot to the next.

  > Okay, now for the really ignant question.  I have dejagnu-1.3, but the
  > libio tests go looking for "standard.exp", which I don't have.  Any
  > suggestions?
You need a newer dejagnu.  Lots of stuff has changed in the testing
framework.  ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/egcs/infrastructure has newer versions
of dejagnu.

jeff