* Making distclean
@ 1997-12-09  1:27 Martin von Loewis
From: Martin von Loewis @ 1997-12-09  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

After reading the INSTALL stuff in 1.0 (which is really good), I decided
to have my own objdir, unlike having objdir==srcdir, as I did in the past.

First, configure said it won't work as there is a configuration in
srcdir. So I made distclean, and then it seemed to work ...

... until it tried to make g77.c. This is usally made as a symlink
from gcc.c. Since the link was already in the source directory, the
VPATH found it. The next compilation step expected g77.c in the source
directory, so compilation failed.

I think make distclean should also remove the symbolic links that might
have been made.

Regards,
Martin

* Re: Making distclean
@ 1997-12-09  8:25 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-12-09  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin von Loewis; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 199712090919.KAA09391@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de >you write:
  > ... until it tried to make g77.c. This is usally made as a symlink
  > from gcc.c. Since the link was already in the source directory, the
  > VPATH found it. The next compilation step expected g77.c in the source
  > directory, so compilation failed.
  >
  > I think make distclean should also remove the symbolic links that might
  > have been made.
Yea, this was a minor bug introduced a little while ago; if you get
the 971207 snapshot this problem should be fixed.

jeff