From: Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com>
To: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
Cc: gcc2@cygnus.com, egcs@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcc 2.8.0 is broken on linux/x86 and more bug
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 03:55:00 -0000	[thread overview]

  In message < m0xgQVs-0004ecC@ocean.lucon.org >you write:
  > > Or are you saying that a library called with the old version would be
  > > entirely self contained and thus we don't have to worry about mixing?
  > >

  > Yes. One shared library will only call one of the old/new interfaces
  > which is determined at the library build time by gcc.
OK.  It sounds like this is the key point to remember.  Any particular
library or main program will only call one of the two interfaces and
thus we don't have a mixing problem.

[ ... ]
  > Please keep in mind, __EH_FRAME_BEGIN__ is a static variable local
  > to each binary. Since we keep both interfaces, we are ok.
This was one of the key points I was missing.  With your explaination
this aspect of the code makes much more sense.

I've got your patch intmy tree and I'll set up a build overnight.

I think we also need to install Paul Eggert's most recent change to
write_c_file_glob, then tweak it to use the new names.

jeff