* GCC-8 branching
@ 2018-04-19 22:39 Peryt, Sebastian
From: Peryt, Sebastian @ 2018-04-19 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Peryt, Sebastian

Hi,

I'd like to ask what is the expected date for GCC branching to GCC-8 release version?
I'm mostly interested because I'd like to know when it'll be ok again to add new features?
Or are we still able to add them?

Thanks,
Sebastian

* Re: GCC-8 branching
@ 2018-04-20 19:51 ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2018-04-20 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peryt, Sebastian, gcc

On 04/19/2018 04:07 PM, Peryt, Sebastian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to ask what is the expected date for GCC branching to GCC-8 release version?
> I'm mostly interested because I'd like to know when it'll be ok again to add new features?
> Or are we still able to add them?
No exact date for branching, but it should be soon.

New features can't be added until after the branch has been created.
Release managers may also ask for a short delay for large scale changes
that adversely affect their ability to backport fixes from the trunk to
the release branch.

jeff