* m68000 VxWorks coprocessor protocol violation
@ 1999-03-18 17:13 Roman
       [not found] ` < 003501be71a4$e77062b0$c6c4eccf@rdiouskine.motus.qc.ca >
From: Roman @ 1999-03-18 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi,
    I've successfully configured / builded / installed egcs1.1.1 as a
i586-linux to m68k-vxworks cross.
The configure was run with  --nfp -- The whole thing works well until I
attempt to link in libstdc++.a . Any code linked with stdc++ library
(with -msoft-float -m68000) generates a "Coprocessor protocol violation"
error if run on the target which, of course, doesn't have a coprocessor. In
the same time libgcc.a works well in soft-float variation.
libc.a, libg.a and libm.a are taken from original vxworks distribution.

ANY help will be appreciated (URGENT!).

Regargs,
Roman
r.dio@usa.net

* Re: m68000 VxWorks coprocessor protocol violation
       [not found] ` < 003501be71a4$e77062b0$c6c4eccf@rdiouskine.motus.qc.ca >
@ 1999-03-18 19:02   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-03-18 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roman; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 003501be71a4$e77062b0$c6c4eccf@rdiouskine.motus.qc.ca >you write:
  > Hi,
  >     I've successfully configured / builded / installed egcs1.1.1 as a
  > i586-linux to m68k-vxworks cross.
  > The configure was run with  --nfp -- The whole thing works well until I
  > attempt to link in libstdc++.a . Any code linked with stdc++ library
  > (with -msoft-float -m68000) generates a "Coprocessor protocol violation"
  > error if run on the target which, of course, doesn't have a coprocessor. In
  > the same time libgcc.a works well in soft-float variation.
  > libc.a, libg.a and libm.a are taken from original vxworks distribution.
  >
  > ANY help will be appreciated (URGENT!).
Are you including -msoft-float -m68000 on your link line?  That should
cause the tools to link in soft-float, m68000 versions of libstdc++, libgcc,
etc.

Hmmm, you might try gcc --print-multi-lib to verify that the compiler knows
about soft-float and 68000 multilibs.

jeff

@ 1999-03-31 23:46 ` Roman
From: Roman @ 1999-03-31 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)