* command line options/env variables
@ 1997-12-15 16:48 Andrew Pollard
From: Andrew Pollard @ 1997-12-15 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Soory to bother the list, but how do I specify CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS so that
I can bootstrap gcc with "-mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro" (ie do a 3
stage compile of gcc - NB I can do this...) and then compile
everything else (ie libio/libstdc++) using the same CFLAGS options?

I can setenv CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS before the configure (but I'm using
gcc-2.7.2.2 to bootstrap the compiler, and hence it complains if I
specify -mpentiumpro, etc)....

If this is a FAQ, I am sorry, but I couldn't find it :-(

PS. I've just compiled up gcc/g++/g77/objc with -mpentiumpro..., I'd
just like to compile the libraries like this as well.... results will
follow for gcc/g++/g77....

Andrew.
--
   Andrew Pollard, Auto Simulations Ltd. UK.    | home: andrew@odie.demon.co.uk
   2 Milbanke Court, Milbanke Way, Bracknell    | work: andrewp@autosim.com

* Re: command line options/env variables
@ 1997-12-15 17:19 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 1997-12-15 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Andrew> Sorry to bother the list, but how do I specify CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS so that
Andrew> I can bootstrap gcc with "-mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro" (ie do a 3
Andrew> stage compile of gcc - NB I can do this...) and then compile
Andrew> everything else (ie libio/libstdc++) using the same CFLAGS options?

	I normally use BOOT_CFLAGS on the make command line with one of
the bootstrap targets.

David

* Re: command line options/env variables
@ 1997-12-15 23:07 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-12-15 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

--
Jeff Law (law@cygnus.com)
Cygnus Solutions		EGCS GNU Compiler System

  In message < 199712160008.AAA16235@odie.demon.co.uk >you write: