* Question for debug_binfo function
@ 1998-12-08 11:41 Antonio Mendes de Oliveira Neto
From: Antonio Mendes de Oliveira Neto @ 1998-12-08 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Making a research to discover in that function had a call for the
function debug_binfo (I file cp/tree.c), I discovered that any point
doesn't exist in the code source of the egcs-1.1.1 that calls the
function. Is she an obsolete function or without use that was not still
removed?

Antonio Mendes de Oliveira Neto

* Re: Question for debug_binfo function
@ 1998-12-08 13:11 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-12-08 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonio Mendes de Oliveira Neto; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 366D810F.349C2A3C@splicenet.com.br >you write:
  > Making a research to discover in that function had a call for the
  > function debug_binfo (I file cp/tree.c), I discovered that any point
  > doesn't exist in the code source of the egcs-1.1.1 that calls the
  > function. Is she an obsolete function or without use that was not still
  > removed?
We often keep debugging functions around so that we can call them from
within the debugger when working on problems.

jeff

* Re: Question for debug_binfo function
@ 1998-12-08 15:55 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 1998-12-08 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anmendes, egcs

> Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 17:42:07 -0200
> From: Antonio Mendes de Oliveira Neto <anmendes@splicenet.com.br>

> Making a research to discover in that function had a call for the
> function debug_binfo (I file cp/tree.c), I discovered that any point
> doesn't exist in the code source of the egcs-1.1.1 that calls the
> function. Is she an obsolete function or without use that was not
> still removed?

Any function of the name debug_* is used for debugging the tools under
gdb, and provide entry points useful for such debugging.  debug_rtx is
another favorite example (also more popular).

We don't want to remove them from egcs.  However, it one wanted to say
20 bytes, one could remove them safely from their own releases.