* Stack frame size increase
@ 1999-03-24  4:37 Jan Hubicka
       [not found] ` < 19990324133713.36426@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz >
From: Jan Hubicka @ 1999-03-24  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi
I've just updated the first june snapshot to the last snapshot 0314.
(It don't contain the align-stack-double patch yet).

My program slowed down, when looking for the purpose I found that stack
frame size increased from 24 to 28 making the doubles missaligned.
This is not the main problem. Interesting is, that rest of function
was equivalent (except the label numbers) to the original.
Why the extra stack slot was allocated?

Is the increase bug or feature?

Honza
--
                       OK. Lets make a signature file.
|        Jan Hubicka (Jan Hubi\v{c}ka in TeX) hubicka@freesoft.cz         |

* Re: Stack frame size increase
       [not found] ` < 19990324133713.36426@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz >
@ 1999-03-24 12:47   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1999-03-24 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Hubicka; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 19990324133713.36426@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz >you write:
  > Hi
  > I've just updated the first june snapshot to the last snapshot 0314.
  > (It don't contain the align-stack-double patch yet).
  >
  > My program slowed down, when looking for the purpose I found that stack
  > frame size increased from 24 to 28 making the doubles missaligned.
  > This is not the main problem. Interesting is, that rest of function
  > was equivalent (except the label numbers) to the original.
  > Why the extra stack slot was allocated?
  >
  > Is the increase bug or feature?
Debug the code.  The point of the new code is to make sure that if we are
given an aligned frame that we keep it aligned.

As I mentioned, it is likely that we don't handle all cases yet, so this kind
of thing isn't totally unexpected.

jeff

* Re: Stack frame size increase
@ 1999-03-31 23:46     ` Jeffrey A Law